2 dogs

A little more light would be good to lift the dark shadows and a tiny bit of sharpening then voilà!

In composition I would be careful not to clip bits off, e.g. the nose in #1 I would also try to get down nearer the eye level of the dog to give a better aspect. Shooting down on top of the dog makes for an awkward composition.

But with such patient models I would take advantage and keep practicing ;)

A little more light would be good to lift the dark shadows and a tiny bit of sharpening then voilà!

In composition I would be careful not to clip bits off, e.g. the nose in #1 I would also try to get down nearer the eye level of the dog to give a better aspect. Shooting down on top of the dog makes for an awkward composition.

But with such patient models I would take advantage and keep practicing ;)

thank you, its rare they are this patient, have to take them out for a very big run, and yea the light was a problem, didnt wont to use flashes in case it scared them. when i see them again ill use my new 35mm lens with a nice wide aperture so the light shouldnt be such a problem :)
thanks

A reflector on the 2nd shot would have made a world of difference. I wouldnt use flash, it sacres the dogs, and probably doesnt do thier eye sight a lot of good either.

Wide aperture and natural light with a bit of manipulation with reflectors will do the trick!

A reflector on the 2nd shot would have made a world of difference. I wouldnt use flash, it sacres the dogs, and probably doesnt do thier eye sight a lot of good either.

Wide aperture and natural light with a bit of manipulation with reflectors will do the trick!

i was shotting with the widest apature, and all the light i could get in :)
but yea a reflector would have been good, i might just buy a big piece of card though :p

would love to, but unfortunately they are very badly trained (there not mine, we do try to train them but just dont have long enough time to do a good job) so any time with them is spent making sure they aren't running of towards cars or playing a bit to hard with other dogs :confused:

Back