2 geese and a rook maybee!

Edit My Images
Yes
I think this a rook not really sure, and the other two i have no idea but open to offers.

IMGP9628_filtered.jpg

IMGP9680_filtered.jpg

IMGP9684_filtered.jpg

No 1 is a Carrion or Common Crow. The other 2 just look like some kind of domesticated farm goose (No 2) and duck (No 3).

I think is more like a Raven rather than other 2, certainly not a Rook going by its beak and Carrion more stream lined, interested where it was taken.

taken in a field st weonards in herefordshire, about 40mtrs from me

Certainly one of the areas for them, they are large birds, bigger than a Buzzard if thats any help, and I stick my neck out and say it is definitely a raven, ready to be shot down(me that is)

Certainly one of the areas for them, they are large birds, bigger than a Buzzard if thats any help, and I stick my neck out and say it is definitely a raven, ready to be shot down(me that is)

Totally agree with you.Raven. I have been bitten by one of those. It hurt!!!

Nah guys, Carrion Crow. This has a more pronounced angle where the forehead meets the beak. If you look at the Raven, the beak almost goes in a straight line into the forehead.

I know it's difficult to tell but the size against the fence post and barbed wire also leads me to say Carrion a Raven would be a good bit bigger.

I think it's a Raven. Curved bill as opposed to the flat bill of a Crow. That tuft of hair at the top of the bill also leads me to think Raven. It's a toughie.

Sorry Brash I still say Raven, and I think its the beak of the Carrion that goes straight in line with top of head, agree on the size but he is sitting down rather than upright, can agree to disagree as from relatively same part of world, me originally from slightly further west and inland, whisky country.
http://www.english-country-garden.com/birds/crow.htm
and photo of Raven on this one,
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Atrium/4832/yuk/raven.jpg
but will bow to superior knowledge if anyone else comes along with answer

Hi cant help on ID but all are really nice shots love the green BG in the first and the colour and detail in the 3rd shot
Pete

I am still going with Raven too.The fence post isnt really a very good guide cause they roond posts can be anything from 2 to 4 inches in dia. Noo if the fermer had bocht his posts from me they would have been exactly 3 inches by 3inches:LOL:Howzat for a plug!
Its a good shot of the bird too:clap:

My money's on a Raven (y)

Raven for me too... that beak is a dead giveaway! (y)

thanks for all your comments on this one i think i'll go with the raven all i know it was a bloody big bird

I agree its a raven - looks like a younger bird to me.

I live in a Village called Rainow- which meant Raven's Hill in Old Norse (we see quite a few raven's round here - but not as many vikings as there used to be)

Back