2 photo collage

Edit My Images
Yes
I wonder if someone can recommend the best way to do this simple task please?

My PS5 has now expired and I cant justify replacing it for what I use.

All I want to do is to place 2 prints on an A4 sheet one above the other.

I have tried GIMP but just cant find my way around it.

Not in answer to your question but when you say your Photoshop v5 has expired what do you mean.?

I thought PS 5 was perpetual license and as such, bearing in its age, did not phone home and therefore was not validating every so often on the Adobe activation servers???

So, just what has happened to your PS 5 (FWIW I still have PS v6.12 running when needed) ?

I meant to say PS (photoshop) CS5.
Yes, I know you meant Photoshop 5 ;) but what happened as to its expiry.....what changed and what 'error' message was it giving you?

I had to upgrade my old computer to a Windows 10 and it won't install. I believe they have switched off the activation servers for it now.

Do you have anything like a word processor (MS Word) or Powerpoint? Alternatively the Affinity products, e.g. Affinity Photo are very good and reasonably priced especially if they have a half price deal on.

I have Nikon NX Studio which is a free download and will work with JPEGs. If you select 2 photos and go to File/Print you can select Index Print and then set up the number of Columns and Rows, in your case simply 1 Column and 2 rows.

Just so I understand, you want to print two pictures on one sheet? Like this?

aIoQV9g.jpg

If so you don't need a processing package as you can do this straight from windows. Cont + left click on each picture and then right click and select print and then pick your layout and print options.

PS.
I'm still using CS5 and I've recently installed it on a new pc. No problemo.

Last edited:
I had to upgrade my old computer to a Windows 10 and it won't install. I believe they have switched off the activation servers for it now.
Don't you have to deactivate it with reference to the old computer before trying to activate it on the new one? Log in to your Adobe account ...

Don't you have to deactivate it with reference to the old computer before trying to activate it on the new one? Log in to your Adobe account ...

I didn't have to and have since used the old pc without running into any problem. Repeat offenders may run into problems though.

Actually I had problems with the first two new pc's I bought and they had to go back but not before I'd installed CS5 on them, so I've ended up installing CS5 on my original pc and 3 new pc's.

One issue could be if you don't have the installation disks and serial number.

Its been so long since I looked at it - I thought it was CS5 but in fact its CS3. I do have the disks and serial number.

Just so I understand, you want to print two pictures on one sheet? Like this?

aIoQV9g.jpg

If so you don't need a processing package as you can do this straight from windows. Cont + left click on each picture and then right click and select print and then pick your layout and print options.

PS.
I'm still using CS5 and I've recently installed it on a new pc. No problemo.
Thank you but using a Mac.

Send them to me and I'll do it- :) I have Photoshop 2021

will send e mail if you want to go down this route????

Les

This prompted me to just check my PS CS6 still works and it does. I have not used it for many years as I have the current 2021 version. Presumably CS6 will eventually go the same way as the earlier versions. I am not too concerned as paying £9.98 a month seems good value to me for such a comprehensive package of software and still only a fraction of what I have spent on Camera equipment.

Dave

This prompted me to just check my PS CS6 still works and it does. I have not used it for many years as I have the current 2021 version. Presumably CS6 will eventually go the same way as the earlier versions. I am not too concerned as paying £9.98 a month seems good value to me for such a comprehensive package of software and still only a fraction of what I have spent on Camera equipment.

Dave
I love Photoshop and even after some 10 years of using it- I am still discovering new stuff within the programme :)

Les

Back