2011 Events

A

Animal

Which events are people looking forward to the most next year and what kit you taking to them?

I will be heading to Oulton Park for BTCC and always wanted to see bikes round Oulton so will look into that. Will be at the WRC again and hopefully one of the European stages.

Tend to use the Canon 400 prime with 40D and 24-105.

** watching this thread, i would love to go and see some motorsport events. anyone wanna join me? lol... rally would be ace! Going to start with the local banger racing though....

Goodwood festival of speed should be good :)

Hopefully I'll get to the BTCC at Donington and Thruxton next year and maybe try to get out to the rally stages at the Forest of Dean in February.

Will also try to get out to the WRC again; it was a cool learning curve this weekend. :)

Paul C

I need to get to more events

looking at BSB events again next year, Croft and Cadwell as well as MotoGP at Silverstone

May also attempt BTCC @ Croft and something else, maybe another trip to Knockhill, I love that circuit

Depends how the calendar falls will depend what I'll be up to. I shoot for various series and have to prioritise them above other events which means I missed out a number of BTCC events this season.

If any of you lot want to contribute to http://www.racingexposure.com/blog next season, let me know. Looking for people who can write a bit to go with the photos.

MotoGP is my target next year at Silverstone.

Still trying to find a way to get a bib and in to pit lane.... :thinking:

Best get your season accreditation in then, you only get access to the pitlane if you are season accredited...

Which means you need to be backed by some big guns to get you a season accreditation... and you need to deliver the goods to keep it and you need to turn up to I think its all but two rounds.

You do get pitlane and grid access though, which mere mortals on single event media don't

Which means you need to be backed by some big guns to get you a season accreditation... and you need to deliver the goods to keep it and you need to turn up to I think its all but two rounds.

You do get pitlane and grid access though, which mere mortals on single event media don't

Ah, ok, thanks.

I'll be giving up on that target then! Back to some shots from 4 miles away in a grandstand :(

You could try for single event media, you won't get grid or pitlane but you'll get trackside.

The details of the requirements are on their application form, but basically you need to have been either doing MotoGP this year or be working for a publication thats run coverage on MotoGP this year (even if it wasn't you that did it before).

To be honest, they are easier to deal with than "another bike racing championship", but you still need to be bona fide media to get in.

You could try for single event media, you won't get grid or pitlane but you'll get trackside.

The details of the requirements are on their application form, but basically you need to have been either doing MotoGP this year or be working for a publication thats run coverage on MotoGP this year (even if it wasn't you that did it before).

To be honest, they are easier to deal with than "another bike racing championship", but you still need to be bona fide media to get in.

OK, thanks for the insight.

It was more of an "I'd love to do..." than an "I need to do..." to be honest so, without begging for accreditation from a mag (which would be eyeballs out bare faced cheek given I've not shot motorsport for a few years!), it's a non-starter unfortunately.

Appreciate the help all the same.

Have any series actually started publishing next years dates yet?

Isn't all of BSB at Brands next year? :D

Looking forward to Time Attack and BDC next year. Also doing more BSB and going to try and do a couple of BTCC but we will see.

So I've been mistaken, BSB doesn't stand for the the British Superbikes but the Brands Superbikes:D
It would be ok if the 3 rounds where all on the GP circuit.

Oh yes! But sadly not...

i start to look forward to the Spa 24 hours the most nowadays. Still enjoy Le Mans, but I'm getting too old for it :)

Looking like a busy season next year though.
British GT Season
International GT Open / F2 Season
Le Mans 24, and Silverstone
FIA GT3 (possibly full season)
BritCar (possibly full season)
Porsche Carrera Cup/ BTCC (possibly full season).

Lets see what happens, nothing is ever set in stone in motorsport :)

I am looking forward to making out with the misses.

Kit,
Wine or champs

A few miles away won't be far away enough in my experience. It was like WW3 set to techno music :D

We'll see if we can hook up nearer the time, drop me a line in June :D

Also looking forward to the Silverstone 24hrs again and more Britcar rounds. And AmesomeFest at Mallory Park

Also Both WSBK meetings, Moto GP at silverstone and WTCC at Donington :)

Last edited:
I am off to Autosport International in January... Got platinum tickets so should be able to get closer to the action and the celebrities.

I know it's not a great place to take shots of cars what with all the people around, but it's the F1 drivers I really want to see.

has anyone ever shot any offroading/rock crawling? struggling to find any info from google that isnt american or radio controlled car related..

Off roading is fairly common but rock crawling doesn't exist in the uk, the offroading is nothing like the american stuff best place to find dates and details is to pick up a 4x4 / off roading magazine

Back