Critique 2015 Cycleshow Birmingham NEC - Crazy cyclists !

Name
Gobind
Edit My Images
Yes
Folks I was out with the Fuji with 55-200 again trying to get some decent action shots at the Cycle Show today - below are some of my efforts (would love your views), I'm coming to the conclusion that the continuous focus and predictive AF don't really help :(

Is it normal to take c.300 shots and get 20-30 that are any good of which 5 are the ones I'm willing to show ???

Upside Down by Gobind Rai, on Flickr

Thats my shadow... by Gobind Rai, on Flickr

Hey that walls yellow... by Gobind Rai, on Flickr

Flatlander BMX by Gobind Rai, on Flickr
21145165343_5f02367fe9_z.jpg

Last edited:
Some good results there of some very brave cyclists.:eek: I would say out of 300 that 10per cent is pretty good.

Good shots, I would say that taking pictures of fast moving cyclists in a indoor venue with lower levels of light you would expect that sort of ratio.

Good shots, I would say that taking pictures of fast moving cyclists in a indoor venue with lower levels of light you would expect that sort of ratio.
That is genuinely comforting as I was getting myself ready to spend a lot of money on new kit so I'm glad I asked :)

Great captures of crazzzzy people :)

Could be better with the ground at the bottom of a shot or 2, to give a sense of scale and how high of the ground they are...

Great captures of crazzzzy people :)

Could be better with the ground at the bottom of a shot or 2, to give a sense of scale and how high of the ground they are...
That makes sense, I guess the reason I didn't do that was I wanted tack sharp images (didn't get as many of those) so thought I'd best fill the frame with the subject.

The photos look good, I like the shadow of the cyclists legs on the back wall :)

Back