2018 FPOTY Entries

Fraser Euan White

Suspended / Banned
Name
Fraser White
Edit My Images
Yes
There is a thread running to comment on these years entries but thought it may be useful to have a place for last years entries?

I entered the competition in May and did enjoy it but missed feedback on my images so thought I would 'start the ball rolling' here.

This was my entry under 'WASTE'

I chose the subject of vices as a waste of money and pictured them on a 'cut log' surrounded by natures waste; leaves.

I entitled the shot 'Vices - Naturally a Waste of Money'

Vices - naturally a waste of money! by Fraser White, on Flickr

........and the set-up:

Roll back by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've been less than impressed with every entry I've made to the comp so far, and I know what's bad about them - hence not putting anything up for critique, so please forgive me putting nothing up (yet)

This image though was super, and very similar to Chris' pair of cameras this month. It's just so well crafted and shows care in execution. I wish I could get that level of inspiration & motivation but it's not happened yet...

I know you chose this to have it printed and I really enjoyed watching it roll off the printer (when the yellow jets were working!) because the tones, sharpness, colour & composition all look really good together. My only - very minor - critique would be that the crop is a tad tight for me and could do with a bit more space round the edges (esp left & right).

Ian - thank you so much for your feedback - it is invaluable for someone like me. I have said how much I struggle with 'creativity' and I think feedback is so useful as it helps me try to evaluate what others see & like.

Feedback is always a gift and thanks for taking the time to respond :)

Back