2018 MBP Retina Screen Protection

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
as the title, what recommended and what has been used with out issue

I just got my new 2018 MBP and want to keep the screen blemish free, as as much as i tried my old one got marked, by the keyboard when closed, even been i a protective case when travelling the keys touched the retina display and marked it, then over time fingers etc

I bought one off Amazon, sizing was perfect but ended up giving the screen a discoloured look, so white had a grey pattern, which i think was due to the adhesive pulling the screen or pressing, which made it unusable when editing photos or reading white pages (photo attached)

I tried previously dusting off the keyboard, even using a suede cloth, but the tiniest of dust still made its way to the screen

Attachments

• MBP screen.jpg
    MBP screen.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 6
You don't need one, my 2017 MBP doesn't have an issue with the keys touching the screen.

Quite why you'd pay for a lovely expensive screen and stick a crappy bit of plastic on the front of it I don't know...

that's good to know, as I wasn't aware that they had improved design over my late 2015 version

only reason was to protect it and the glass version I bought was said to be totally clear and level 9 scratch resistance...... lots to be said for the marketing blurb

You don't need one, my 2017 MBP doesn't have an issue with the keys touching the screen.

Quite why you'd pay for a lovely expensive screen and stick a crappy bit of plastic on the front of it I don't know...

No issues with 2018 15" MBP too :)

Back