2020-10 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4580364)

Apart from Windows versions .......only recently upgraded to 2004 as we try and stay one version behind....we do tend to allow normal updates as and when they are available.
Not been offered the one you mention yet but the info suggests there are a couple of problems it may cause.
I assume that is why at this stage it is 'optional'.
HTH.

I have

Just done the update. No issues so far, and if anything things seem to be loading a little faster too (y)

Calling 20H2 a Feature update is a bit of a cheek really as it downloads and installs in a few minutes just like a monthly update. Looking at the new features list, there's bugger all in it that matters. This PC's been running it for two weeks and both laptops got it last night.

Oh great, yet another update that will probably break networks in win explorer.
Up until MS broke it I thought Win 10 was the best OS they ever produced, come back Win 7 all is forgiven.

Last edited:
Just done the update. No issues so far, and if anything things seem to be loading a little faster too (y)
20H2 seems to have really perked up my old machine, have been having a problem with browsing delays, especially on TP, but have seen a dramatic difference since installing.

On a side note re: perkier W10 performance.

I previously had issues with Chrome where using multiple tabs that it took ages to close the browser. I then switched to MS Edge (based on Chrome) and found it an improvement but still paused on closing. Then following one or another MS KB update, Edge now closer almost instantly :)

PS I will likely run the 20H2 update but not quite yet?

On a side note re: perkier W10 performance.

I previously had issues with Chrome where using multiple tabs that it took ages to close the browser. I then switched to MS Edge (based on Chrome) and found it an improvement but still paused on closing. Then following one or another MS KB update, Edge now closer almost instantly :)

PS I will likely run the 20H2 update but not quite yet?

Likewise Edge is a lot quicker than before

Back