20D problems

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a 20D and for some reason, when in manual mode I am unable to change the aperture and when in aperture priority mode I cannot change the exposure compensation.

I have tried the following -

1 - Removed the small battery

2 - taken the main battery out, disconnected the lens, replaces battery then lens

3 - made sure the camera is fully on.

4 - reset to factory defaults.

None of the above has worked :(

If anyone knows the solution to this little dilemma please help me out as I need to use the camera very shortly.

I have just looked for a firmware upgrade on the canon site but I am unable to find it.

This is driving me barmy :bang::bang: and a search on google has not produced any working solutions :crying:

Not sure if it's the same on the 20D as the 30D but is your power switch set to ON or the white line?

If it's ON move it to the line and try again

Not sure if it's the same on the 20D as the 30D but is your power switch set to ON or the white line?

If it's ON move it to the line and try again

Thanks for your reply Uneducated_Rick , but we have set the power on to the white line. It may well be the power button that is causing the problem it is very still and difficult to move. The rear wheel works for all the other functions its designed for except what I've described above.

It sounds like the power switch might be the problem.

I don't know the 20/30/40D very well yet, but it might be worth looking for other functions which are only enabled when the power switch is set to the third position (the line beyond 'ON') and seeing whether they work. That would isolate the problem.

It sounds like the power switch might be the problem.

I don't know the 20/30/40D very well yet, but it might be worth looking for other functions which are only enabled when the power switch is set to the third position (the line beyond 'ON') and seeing whether they work. That would isolate the problem.

Thanks StewartR for your reply. TO be honest I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. The dail works for navigating the menus and for viewing the images. I feel its either a software issue, but I cannot find the latest firmware to download from canon or it is the switch, which I think is more than likely the case.

I might give canon a ring tomorrow, when I get back from mull to try and sort it out (y)

Back