24-70mm F2.8 Sigma Test photos.

Name
Richard Black
Edit My Images
Yes
It came today, and when i got it out of the case i was a lil bowled over by its size, despite knowing it wouldn't be small!

First impressions were, well built, and easy to use.

First photos i was worried and didn't seem to like the results, so i took a few more and got abit mroe used to it. They seem to be ok. Took a few snaps.
DSC_5247.JPG

DSC_5254.JPG

DSC_5260.JPG

DSC_5283.JPG

DSC_5294.JPG

DSC_5306.JPG

DSC_5328.JPG

Nice shots a congrats on your new lens, it is a heavy beast isn't it, mine stays on my 350d most of the time as it's such a good walkabout lens for me.

do those pics look ok? or abit soft? I cant tell really.
I bought it as a walkabout lens too.

Yes, heavy is certainly a word for it!! lol

They look OK to me. From the exif some are near to wide open and therefore about as soft as the lens will get...and they look fine.

Yes they look sharp to me. #2 is really sharp and you can sharpen in PP if you don't already.

Cheers chaps, just need someone to say. Yup much better than the kit lens ;)

Looks like a good sharp copy mate(y) Mine stays on my 400D all the time as a walkabout lens too. Though what with that beast and a battery grip I've now got a neck like a weight lifter:LOL:

The light is terrible in all of the shots. It's actually a great lens and when you get a bit of decent light you'll love it :).

Hopefully.

Can't see you regretting buying that one in a hurry - it's a cracker of a lens for the money.

As for the weight - I find mine feels quite light after being used to the 70-200!! :D:D

Just been looking at the 70-200 on ebay and 170-500mm
Only thing i wasn't sure about was its Body driven AF

It is huge, thats exactly what I though when I opened the box. :D

It's a great walkaround lens, I've finally managed to get some proper shots with it in the last couple of days and it is a cracker.

Glad you like it. :)

Back