27inch monitor for Mini m1 mac

Last edited:
I don't run the Mateview at native 4k, I run it at 2k, and i have tried all the in between resolutiuon and all of it are quite sharp, so there's no problem personally to go in between. MacOS is really good at scaling IMO, better than windows ever since they brought out the Retina display.

The Mateview's main downside is no VESA mount so if you want to mount it, don't get it. if you don't. I think it's great. Plus it goes perfectly with Apple stuff asthetically.

I spent ages researching 27" monitors when I switched from an old iMac to Mac Mini and went with the ViewSonic VP2768 and couldn't be happier, and comes in way under your budget now too. There's also a 4k version of the same, the VP2768a-4k if desired.

If going hdmi out of Mac mini direct to hdmi in on monitor? sorry been using an iMac for 10 or more years so a bit out of touch with connecting to a monitor,I assume you can do usb C to usb c also if said monitor has one ?oh and is the display pot option better or worse on display?

Last edited:
If going hdmi out of Mac mini direct to hdmi in on monitor? sorry been using an iMac for 10 or more years so a bit out of touch with connecting to a monitor,I assume you can do usb C to usb c also if said monitor has one ?oh and is the display pot option better or worse on display?
I had all the same questions when I switched as I was an iMac user since 2013 too. I'm just using HDMI and seems fine. I'm by no means a technical guy though, but it works for me, and my photos have improved tenfold since the switch to a decent monitor from the iMac which I thought was a great screen.

Back