2nd film. Newmillerdam

They've come out very well Pete, I like the last one particularly.

Andy

Makes me want to get my film camera out, i particularly like the Symetry in the first one

Apart from a wonky horizontal in the boathouse shot, they're all pretty decent shots. You certainly managed to get Newmillerdam a bit quieter than I seem to manage! Last shot I got of the boathouse had to be shot with a 10 stop filter and something like a 90 second exposure to loose the constant stream of dog-walkers :LOL:

Apart from a wonky horizontal in the boathouse shot, they're all pretty decent shots. You certainly managed to get Newmillerdam a bit quieter than I seem to manage! Last shot I got of the boathouse had to be shot with a 10 stop filter and something like a 90 second exposure to loose the constant stream of dog-walkers :LOL:

Is it a wonky horizontal? I've been staring at it and the path on the right after the boathouse does bend away as it's curved but the actual shot seems level. No biggie, just thought my eyes were playing tricks on me

Thanks for the comments

Is it a wonky horizontal? I've been staring at it and the path on the right after the boathouse does bend away as it's curved but the actual shot seems level. No biggie, just thought my eyes were playing tricks on me

Thanks for the comments

On closer inspection, you're right - the boathouse itself is level, which is pretty much the only thing that you'd expect to be definitely horizontal. I think it's just that the boathouse itself is such a small part of the overall horizontal, it didn't "lock on" with me at a quick look.

Blame last night's tired eyes - i'd developed a squint like a basket of whelks reading PDF manuals of old cameras trying to decide what MF camera to go for:LOL:

Last edited:
I really like #3, dont quite know why but just do.

#2, the boat house is a bit central and you could do with moving to the left to take out the tree to the near right of the picture. Unless thats as far you could go before getting your feet wet!

I really like #3, dont quite know why but just do.

#2, the boat house is a bit central and you could do with moving to the left to take out the tree to the near right of the picture. Unless thats as far you could go before getting your feet wet!

#3 was a stagnating pond with some foliage around it, the bullrushes just caught my eye. #2 I didn't want to disturb the ducks by my feet - point taken about the tree on the right tho'

Thanks for the comments

I like these, the strange blue cast really adds to the images especially the close ups.

(y)

Back