2x converter

Edit My Images
No
Hi

Here are some pics using my 100-400 and canon 2x converter.

I found it really hard to focus using the manual focus especially as the birds were fast moving. Although great these in my opinion are the best.

Any suggestions, thoughts, comments or anything else are welcome.

It was a miserable miserable day and the fog was low. The sun never broke through once.

Many Thanks.

I can't believe I didn't get the top of the head.

Unfortunatley as you have seen 2x converters are not great. These all look to me to be OOF but as you said manual focus is not easy when they move quickly. From my experience of using a 1.4x you really do need good light to be able to get anything useable on a zoom lens (I guess it is different on a prime) as they don't have the greatest apeture when at the long end. I am sure that someone will be along with tips for getting them better but I would imagine that practice will be part of it :thinking:

Keep on going though and the MF will get better (y)

As we have seen in some of the post, toggers are now using 3200 and 6400 iso levels. While I would only use a max of 1600, sometimes it is better to get a shot than none. At least it give you something to analyse.

I would try to crank up your iso in low light to 400 or 800.

John

It's not easy with a 2XTC on a 100-400.

I'd push the ISO higher than ISO 250 because at your chosen f11 you're down to 1/50th of a sec which will make it even harder for you.

Back