3.0 ND (10 Stop Neutral Density) Filters

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone know, is B&W the only option for 10 stop ND filters? And can you get a 100mm square or 105mm screw in version so that I could use it with my Lee filter holder.

At the moment, the only stockist I can find is Robert White who list neither of the above.

Thanks in advance

Formatt do some, but they are made to order I believe!

here is the link :)

Excellent, thanks for that. I'll see if Teamwork can get them ordered in! :)

Glad to be of help, and please let us know what Teamworks say about ordering it (how long would it take and how much would it be, I wonder if they're cheaper from Teamworks or from the actual manufacturer) :shrug:

A few weeks ago I was in London and paid Teamworks a visit, bought a bunch of filters and asked for this one which they didn't have in stock. I never got down to ordering one as I got too caught-up with other stuff.

Update...

Just ordered one directly from Formatt with delivery quoted at about a week.

Teamwork didn't seem keen to order on my behalf as they thought delivery might be slow. :shrug:

They also questioned the quality and seemed surprised that Formatt even made a 3.0 resin filter. They did offer an alternative though to the Formatt 100mm slot in which I ordered. A Heliopan 105mm screw in at just over £200

Yikes!

Thank you for the update, I keep failing to order one myself.

I need to make a mental note of this, and try to make sure I order one tomorrow.

Ooo, mine just arrived from Formatt. What service, only ordered the other day! :)

It's flippin dark! I can 'just' see the outline of my office window when i hold it up to my eye. The even better news is that I am hoping to get a morning out tomorrow, so can try it out. :)

Ooo, mine just arrived from Formatt. What service, only ordered the other day! :)

It's flippin dark! I can 'just' see the outline of my office window when i hold it up to my eye. The even better news is that I am hoping to get a morning out tomorrow, so can try it out. :)

PLease let me know how good it is :)

I'm interested in this as well. I use a screw-in 77mm B&W ND110 filter at the moment and it's a pain fitting it then screwing the Lee holder on top and sliding in the grads. A square slot-in would be much more suitable.

I got a B&W one a few weeks before christmas, I haven't really used it yet, whenever I go out it's pretty much dark already! Damn these stupid short days.

68lbs,

Would love to see some results with this, and would also like to know how well does your camera focus through it (is there any degradation in focusing ability)?

I was out of town for a few days and horrbily wished I had ordered one of these before I left.

68lbs,

Would love to see some results with this, and would also like to know how well does your camera focus through it (is there any degradation in focusing ability)?

I was out of town for a few days and horrbily wished I had ordered one of these before I left.

I'd love to see some results too.

As for focusing would you not focus and get a meter reading without the filter then put it on and change the shutter speed by the 10 stops.

Interesting, I don't do it that way. I put them on and have the camera meter through them. I guess it gives the same effect, so long as they are not grad. ND :shrug:.

Sorry, just found these unreplied to posts...

I'll put up some pics once I have some that I am happy with, but at the moment that's nothing. :D With regards to focusing etc, you can see bugger all through the filter so it's a case of focusing before the filter is in place. I also metered and took a test shot before the filter was fitted. Then switched to MF, fitted the filer, and adjusted the shutterspeed 10 stops - doubled it ten times which means shooting in bulb mode.

What was the price of the filter?

£45 :eek: ... was that for the 100mm size then?

Yes, I am running 100mm Hitech filters in a Lee holder.

I was quoted over £200 for a Heliopan one!

Back