3 Axis Gimbal - Zhiyun Crane V2 ?

Edit My Images
No
I'm looking to get a gimbal for some video work.

From what I've seen the Zhiyun Crane V2 looks pretty good but I'm struggling to confirm what camera it will work with.

At the moment I'll want to use a Nikon D810 (to be replaced by a Nikon D850) and a Fuji X-T2.

Are you limited by what camera/lens setup you can put on there or can you balance it for anything (within reason).

Are there any good alternatives to the Zhiyun worth looking at? at this stage I want something pretty portable as I'm only just starting out with video...

Thanks

I have one so I'll try it with a dslr, I use a Sony camera on it and tbh I wouldn't enjoy the weight of a dslr, also I'm not sure it would physically fit as it's quite a small gimbal

I have one so I'll try it with a dslr, I use a Sony camera on it and tbh I wouldn't enjoy the weight of a dslr, also I'm not sure it would physically fit as it's quite a small gimbal

That would be great thank you. That was my concern although the spec does mention DSLR.

Not sure what other options I have.

I might get one of these too and put a Fuji X-T2 on it for my travel. Seems good, but they are soooo expensive for what is some weight with a motor.

I'm looking to get a gimbal for some video work.

From what I've seen the Zhiyun Crane V2 looks pretty good but I'm struggling to confirm what camera it will work with.

At the moment I'll want to use a Nikon D810 (to be replaced by a Nikon D850) and a Fuji X-T2.

Are you limited by what camera/lens setup you can put on there or can you balance it for anything (within reason).

Are there any good alternatives to the Zhiyun worth looking at? at this stage I want something pretty portable as I'm only just starting out with video...

Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/4pcs-26500...id=1503225482&sr=8-3&keywords=zhiyun+crane+v2

So as long as your kit weighs under 1.8kg it should be good to go.

The last product image on the amazon page shows the range of 'compatible' cameras and lens combos list and the version of the gimbal you will need, which as I read it is camera model dependant! :)

Edit ~ maybe not different model variants of gimbal but does only mention some Nikon, Sony & 1 Canon model ???

Last edited:
Found this, will take a 5DVI with a 16-35L.

I want one….but it costs twice of the Zhiyun.

even if the gimbal could take the weight- not sure your arms could after a few hours of shooting

if I was you perhaps, i'd look into the zhiyun M gimbal, cheaper than the crane, and a sony 6300 or something just for video- sony have the best video IQ and throw some small lens on and you've got a super lightweight but powerful video set up for not much more than the cost of the crane

The reviews for the v2 look very promising, I have been looking for a decent, not super expensive gimbal for some time and its good to see the prices coming down

And yes you are limited by your gears weight, Zhiyun have a full list of setups that work with the v2 on their site

I recently bought one of these and it makes a massive difference :)

It has ZOOM buttons but thats not compatible with all cameras (not work with my pocket lumix) so you may want to check that...

i wish it had a video start/stop button but it doesn't :(

If you have the control cable for it you can start and stop recording by double tapping the power button.

as the zoom doesnt work on my camera i preseum that because the cable doesnt ? :(

Just check which model you are looking at as its a bit confusing.

There is the Crane v2, which actually the Crane 1 v2 and is good for a payload of up to 1.8kg so wouldn't be any good for a D810. Then you have the newly released Crane 2 which is good for 3.2kg and cost about £200 more.

The easy way to tell them apart is that the later and better Crane 2 has a large follow focus wheel. Unfortunately the follow focus only works with Canon.

Last edited:
Back