3 days up the hills.

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Not a single aircraft on Wednesday. Not surprised though. Gale force winds and almost zero visibilty at times.
If you ever decide to have a go at this, take the proper gear and some form of shelter. It gets bad up there.
Bit difficult picking just 6 shots, but here they are. Got loads more.

I do love these aircraft. I just wish they came as low as our boys/girls do.

DSC_1071.jpg

The one tiny bit of blue sky all day Thursday and they find it.

DSC_1107_filtered.jpg

Thanks for the wave. Appreciated when its as cold as it was up there.

DSC_1492.jpg

Nice and LOW!

DSC_1534b.jpg

DSC_1621b.jpg

DSC_1655.jpg

I hope you enjoyed.

Kev.

Lovely set. Pic 5 for me. Makes me want to go play with my new bushhawk up there.

Nice shots there. Is it my eyes/screen, or have you had to push the ISO up? (not surprising by the sounds of the conditions!)

Sorry. Had to put this one up for Cheesy. Just to show how low and what skill the RAF have. Respect to you all.
This is low!

DSC_1561.jpg

very nice kev see not as bad as you thought eh lets keep fingers crossed for harriers in june cant wait

Nice shots there. Is it my eyes/screen, or have you had to push the ISO up? (not surprising by the sounds of the conditions!)

I used auto iso and can't say I'm a fan. It was an experiment that I wont be doing again. Got to give it a bash though. :)

Kev.

SUPERB Kev #5 is just amazing with all the contrast going on a subtle tone map and its a definate wall hanger:clap:

Where is the Apache??? Second F15 is a cracker also the last Tonka.
Again the day Thursday was made all the better meeting you and your crew.

Regards

Allan

Just for you my friend...

DSC_1598.jpg

Was great to see you Allan. I wish I lived nearer mate.

Kev.

Last edited:
Superb stuff mate - have you been changing your processing recently? These are spectacular!

Superb stuff mate - have you been changing your processing recently? These are spectacular!

No, not at all. I'm seriously rubbish at photoshop. As daft as it sounds number 5 is as it came out of the camera other than a bit of contrast and sharpen.
I do need to learn cs3 though. :)
Thank you for your comments.

Kev.

Scrolling down I thought to myself "Aha......the Apache didn't come out as well as he thought so he hasn't posted it.......hehe" then I scroll down further and there it is :bang: When you sent me that pic on the phone Kev it did sting a little, never had a chopper through the loop :( You bagged that one mate.

A smashing set Kev, so glad you got the 15's and very brave of you for sticking out those conditions :clap:

Mark

kev - great shots! hope you don't mind me asking, where is this? what lens were you using? and did you camp out? :)

Scrolling down I thought to myself "Aha......the Apache didn't come out as well as he thought so he hasn't posted it.......hehe" then I scroll down further and there it is :bang: When you sent me that pic on the phone Kev it did sting a little, never had a chopper through the loop :( You bagged that one mate.

A smashing set Kev, so glad you got the 15's and very brave of you for sticking out those conditions :clap:

Mark

Thanks Mark. None are really as good as I had hoped. But I had such a good time with the lads that it doesn't matter. Thanks for all of the texts...;)

Kev.

kev - great shots! hope you don't mind me asking, where is this? what lens were you using? and did you camp out? :)

This should help:
http://www.warplane.co.uk/Wales.htm

I used the D3 and 300mm for some of the shots after I had fluffed the others by trusting the D300 auto iso. It just couldn't cope with the rain/misty conditions.
We stayed in a Hotel locally and went up every day. I would do it every day if I could. :)

Thanks for the link Kev, interesting stuff, I'll have to make a trip up there one day.

Fantastic shots, the last hawk is a cracker (y)

Can't wait to get back again

Absolutely cracking set mate.
Some stunners there, nice strobe shot too.
Well done for sticking it out, it gets a bit horrible up there dont it.
Dean:)

Back