3 Legged Thing Punks Corey tripod

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just taken receipt of this, ordered from WEX in the evening and received just after lunch the next day. (y)

Even though I had studied the specs at length and knew exactly what I had ordered, I was still surprised to receive a box no longer than my keyboard.
20181231_133846-1397x1862.jpg

At just 35cm long when folded this really fits in with my recent downsizing and move to a more manageable mirrorless setup.
20181231_134623-1862x780.jpg

It comes with an Arca-swiss panoramic ballhead which has a nice smooth motion so it, not rough and gritty like some similarly priced equivalents I tried out in the store.
20181231_134645-1862x3461.jpg

Extended it is almost as tall as a regular full size tripod, in fact in this image the centre column is not extended so there is a little more height to be had. The legs get a little spindly to allow for the compact size so I don't expect it to be the most stable thing in the world, but it certainly doesn't seem bad. A remote release and the fact that I am unlikely to be going up and mountains and I am sure it will suffice.
20181231_134802-1862x3729.jpg

My X-T3 looks right at home and combined with the PD capture plate there will be no faffing with attaching QR plates when going from hand held walkabout stuff to any time a tripod is required. And yes, I have ordered some lens cleaner! :facepalm:
20181231_135713-1862x2577.jpg

I am very much looking forward to using it in anger, but from my initial observations it seems to be rather well made, especially considering the price.

After much deliberation I bought a Punks Billy and am also impressed with the quality. Obviously it's less compact than the Corey but it certainly handles an 80D OK and I use the detachable monopod leg when shooting wildlife with a 100-400.

Thanks for posting this Dave.

You've persuaded me to give this tripod serious consideration.

Thanks for posting this Dave.

You've persuaded me to give this tripod serious consideration.
If the weather is kind tonight I will head out to see if I can catch anything of the Quadrantids meteor shower and give this tripod it's first use. I shall report back!

Took "Corey" traveling with with back last year and it was a pleasure. Clipped on the side of my bag even the TSA ignored him and let him through!. And because of the size and weight I always had a tripod with me in situations I would not have normally had one so it allowed me to capture some image I would not been able too. It has soon become my go to tripod if I am on the move for anything.

Back