3 panos from Glacier National Park, USA

Name
Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are three panoramas I took while vacationing in Glacier National Park. GNP is located in northern Montana, extending to the Canadian border. It features mountains composed of mainly sedimentary rock that has been carved by glaciers during the most recent ice age that ended 10-12,000 years ago. The highest peaks are about 9-10,000 feet.

As always, C&C welcome.

NearSaintMary1Small.jpg

SaintMaryLakePano1.jpg

NearGraniteParkChalet.jpg

Beautiful , nothing more to add.........(y)

Lovely panoramas, all of them. Very evocative. Wish I could have been there.

But don't you think they (especially #1 and #2) are a little bit soft? I do.

Great colours, wonderfully captured, good work !

(but I do agree with StewartR....)

Absolutely brilliant, some of the best shots I have seen on this forum.:clap:

Fantastic shots, No.3 is just perfect, and a reminder of what we missed on our trip there a few years ago. Drove up from Jackson WY and the as we drove up Going to the Sun Road it just got more and more misty then a snow blizzard at the top, mind you it was the last week in June.

Thanks, everyone, for all the kind words. The park is beautiful...makes it almost impossible to take a "bad" picture, but it can be difficult to capture the vastness of the mountains.

Pirate, now that I look at it, that second shot might be tilted just the tiniest bit...but then the lake shore shape may lead to that impression.

Whiteflyer...I'm sorry to hear that the weather wasn't so good when you visited. My sister works as an Interpretive Ranger at the park and she assures us that snow in June and early July is not all that uncommon; the high alpine meadows (as you can see in the third pano) can still have snow on them in mid- to late July.

Again...thanks everyone for the positive comments!

Very impressive set - really do like the reflection in 2

Spectacular landscapes and some stunning pano's. How many in each shot?

Thanks, Chewyuk...(and others) for your kind words. I merged two photos for number 1, and three each for numbers 2 & 3. (Well...actually, I let Photoshop Elements 6.0 do the merging...:LOL:)

one word........Fantabulous!!!!!!!!

Back