Donna
Edit My Images
No
different takes on a dahlia :)

fading_back_dahlia.jpg

high_key_dahlia_sig.jpg

bw_dahlia_borders.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

I like No1 and 3 not sure about No2. Nice pics:)

Like No 1. No 2, imo the background is too light but all 3 r good.(y)

1 and 3 for me, #2 is too wishy washy.

2 and 3 for me :D 2 looks like a painting almost. I don't like the lighting in 1 sorry.

Well I love them ALL! Well done. (y)

No 1 would make a nice greeting card.

No 3 would make a nice canvas :)

All good - not so keen on the first one, but No2 is a clear winner for me., although I think it works better flipped left to right? :)

high_key_dahlia_sig-2.jpg

All good - not so keen on the first one, but No2 is a clear winner for me., although I think it works better flipped left to right? :)

high_key_dahlia_sig-2.jpg

glad I'm not the only one who likes that one best!! and yes works better that way too.

All 3 are absolutely fantastic and I must bow my head to a master :thinking: (or should that be mistress) of Photography.:)

Funny. If #2 was the only one you posted I would have liked it. However #1 & #3 are so strong that #2 falls behind somewhat.

great work!!

Really nice set, two does look better flipped, why is that?

Really nice set, two does look better flipped, why is that?

There's no hard and fast reason why, but one theory is that our Western eyes are used to reading from left to right, so that the lean from left to right is a more natural way for our eyes to read the image. :shrug:

Daft as it may sound, the fact that the image was signed on the left rather than the more usual right, is also a bit unsettling, giving the impression it was signed there just to fit in with the image, which it probably was.

There's no hard and fast reason why, but one theory is that our Western eyes are used to reading from left to right, so that the lean from left to right is a more natural way for our eyes to read the image. :shrug:

Daft as it may sound, the fact that the image was signed on the left rather than the more usual right, is also a bit unsettling, giving the impression it was signed there just to fit in with the image, which it probably was.

Thanks for that, I was wondering myself (y)

Wow, thanks guys and gals for all your comments.

My favourite is #2 - I like the muted colours and CT it does look better flipped. Usually I try rotating and flipping but didn't do it with that one! #1 is rotated though.

Thanks once again :D:D much appreciated ;)

Cheers CT, it's amazing how conditioned we become to these things isn't it. I do think it's the signature on the left that is the unsettling bit.

All in all a great bit of advice.(y)

Lovely shots, all three, and i like no2 both ways, does preference depend on wether you are left or right handed i wonder? :thinking: (as I am both! )

Thanks Bev and Ladybird, not sure whether it makes any difference if you're left or right handed :D I put the signature on the left because I didnt like where the 'R' was on the stem :LOL: so I thought I'd give it a bit of space! :)

Back