Critique 30 sec exposure

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
We had a great day of sun here so i thought i would try a longish exposer of about 30 secs, for me mostly it looks ok altho i can see i have some colour blur to the right in pic 2, cheap variable ND i think is the cause.
I dont have experience with PP programmes. I have just cropped the pics..
Any advice would be helpful please.

View attachment 3376 View attachment 3377 View attachment 3378

Any takers ?

Yea, the colour balance looks a bit odd. I'd be tempted to fiddle with the colour balance in the first and try to get some blacks in there.

Not sure what these are about. 2 and 3 have some white poles in them for some reason. I'm not sure of the story being told with them. Composition is well off on all of them. It's never good to half the image horizontally. Use thirds wherever possible unless deliberately breaking the rules.

The first image is just not in focus and is empty in the right hand side of the image. Again, I'm not sure where I should be looking. There is no focal point.

Have a look at some books that discuss composition, and practice what you have learned. Digital cameras allow free practice - I would practice constantly.

All that being said, at least you were out there taking pictures. Keep it up and take more.

Hi and thanks for the advice. The poles looked like they were used to lift small boats out of the water, so I was trying to make something from them. Like I said i dont do PP as I have just started photography so I dont have a clue except to crop and resize.
thanks

Back