300mm f2.8 L Lens ....

Waiting for me at home :clap:

Ok! I had to buy it second hand but the description is "Excellent+". When I spoke to the owner he said that the hood cover had a fault and was waiting on parts but would send them on once he got them.

I can't wait :LOL: :D :LOL:

Carl.

PS

Bought from http://www.apertureuk.com/used-Can.htm

Great news Carl.

That is some lens. Though I have the Sigma version, I love it and intend to get the 400mm 2.8 next year. I actually emailed Sigma to tell them how good it is.

Enjoy and let me know how you get on.

Diego (y)

300 2.8 lenses rock! Very heavy though!

Pah.. You need some Yorkshire pudding inside you Joe..
strongman.gif

The 200 f/1.8L.. Now that is heavy..:eek:

600 f4 IS L thats getting heavy

Wonder what the difference is between the 200mm f/1.8L and the 600mm f.4

I know the 600mm is heavy but will see if I can find the specs sheet for both these lenses..:thinking:

ME holding any of those lenses...now THAT would be heavy :D

Congrats on the purchase Carl, I'm looking forward to seeing some shots. I'm sure you'll be able to get some absolute corkers from it :)

I took a couple of test shots last night and it is pin sharp.

However, I didn't get sent the manual, does anyone know if/where Canon manuals can be downloaded from? I thought I had a link but can't find it so far!

Cheers,
Carl.

Tim bring it over to mine this weekend, you can meet Mark and try his 600 F/4 out - it is an awesome lens.

Congrats on the 300 - it is a cool lens and not that heavy unless attached to a 1 Series lol :)

Sorry to hear that your 300 is not as described.... how about the hood and parts? These hoods a very expensive and hard to find if you need to replace one too :( Repainting I would not bother - Canon will do it BUT not cheap - did you not ask for a set of detailed photos before you agreed to purchase it Carl?

The Manual is the same for the 300, 400, 500 and 600 hundreds :) If I have the time I will scan mine for you - do a google search for the manual - there are out there to download...

mh01 - Mark can you send him a copy of your downloaded one?

Hood is waiting on parts and will be sent to me, I'll check with him later today/tomorrow. I'm not too bothered about the paint job to be honest.

As for asking for photos etc....This is me we're on about (which means no!)...Way too impulsive for that.

In fact, if I had of spoken to him I may not of bought it as this the non-is version but having taken a couple of shots and looked at them zoomed in. I'm looking forward to trying it out on Saturday.

If you can email a manual, carl dot ogden at btinternet dot com would be happy to receive emails ;)

Thanks guys,
Carl.

Just emailed you the manual Carl.

You should have it by the time I have written this..(y)

BTW: Congrats on the 300mm. Fantastic lens and money well spent..:)

Tim bring it over to mine this weekend, you can meet Mark and try his 600 F/4 out - it is an awesome lens.

Will have a think about that Steve but the weather is forcast Sh**.:(

Well, I got the 300 out in action and it's good.

However, I got back after a week at Coniston for Records Week and the hood wouldn't fit properly, so it's now back at the shop and I'm awaiting a credit.

Once I get the credit, I've already talked to Kerso and will get a new one!

Live and learn...don't rush into things "like wot i do....."

Carl.

Wonder what the difference is between the 200mm f/1.8L and the 600mm f.4

I know the 600mm is heavy but will see if I can find the specs sheet for both these lenses..:thinking:

No contest at all Tim.

Canon 200mm 1.8L. 3000 grams (6.6 lbs)

Canon 600mm F4 L 5300 grams (11.68 lbs)

Stick a 1 series body on the 600 and you're easily swinging over a stone around. :eek:

I bet your 500L will come in a lot less than that CT.

My 600L also came in a lot lot lot less than the UK price.

I bet your 500L will come in a lot less than that CT.

My 600L also came in a lot lot lot less than the UK price.

Thankfully yes! I've decided to go with Jessop's 10% off deal. No disrespects to Kerso at all (who is cheaper), but lenses like these are a once-in -a -lifetime purchase - for me anyway, and if there are any probs at all with it I can chuck it back across the counter at my local branch. :D

Do Students get any discount on lens's as I have a NUS card (national union of students) if you can get more off i'm willing for a trip down to the shop when you buy it.

Mark

LOL. I dunno Mark. The 10% discount is an 'online only' deal anyway.

Ok, just I can get some stuff with a discount - not that i ever buy anything from them anyway.

I would recommend one of these when you get it CLICK

I was looking at those Mark. Are those better than the fitted padded mount then? It'll have to wait a while anyway, I'll be ordering the camo coat with it so that's my lot for a while.

White lenses FFS! :D

I bought one as it was longer than the original, and you dont need to put a plate on the foot, I found the plate still twisted slightly, but the replacement foot is rock solid.

I thought about the camo stuff but decided to buy some camo and make my own, about 1/10 the price, I will be buying the Aquatech water proof cover for the lens and then I can just put my camo around the that when needed.

Back