306 GTI6

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, came down to London to meet a friend and photograph his 306

He paid a little over the odds for it, but an S reg, with 28k on the clocks.

Not a mark on it.. here is what I think was the best photo.

First time I have used the 50mm f/1.8 and my god I love it

IMG_0346-Version2.jpg

IMG_0348-Version2.jpg

IMG_0357-Version2.jpg

IMG_0390-Version2.jpg

IMG_0385-Version2.jpg

upload1-Version2.jpg

Last edited:
images 800px on the longest side please.

its not a bad image, i like the low stance used to take the shot.

I like the angle, do you have one showing the front as well? Also, turn the wheels out when taking shots like this, it's adds a little something to it. :)

Btw, 28k on an S plate hot hatch is quite a rare find I would have thought!

Edit, updated first post with all the pics I have put on other sites, although I only like 2 maybe 3 of them.

And yeah, he paid the price for it, but when you see the car, you don't disagree it was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
#6 is the only one that looks decent to me, due to the low angle.
Could do with a better location, the lights are distracting and the car looks cramped facing the hedge if you know what I mean.
It also needs a little boost with curves or something. It feels a little flat to me. :)

Yeahh, we had some really nice locations near a lake, but couldnt get a nice shot.

Its all a learning curve for me still, but I am slowly learning what works and what doesn't, I messed up the settings on a lot of photos. You are right about the 'blandness', but I can never adjust the curves well, not sure what they do... I have a few ebooks on photography editing I need to read up on soon.

I was wondering why people were so impressed with the 50mm, I did a few test shots and wasn't too impressed, but yesterday they really stood out to me.

Any tips on car photography (not just use a polariser lol) what setting.. shutterspeed and aperture?

Good set of photos, takes me back when i used to have my Yellow 106 gti, so tempted now to get an other

Kirk

still love the look of these
no idea why
had a similar looking diesel one a few years ago with low rims on it
will happily have a petrol xsi or GTI6 version now for a run around....
I like #6 for the pics because of the angle, but a better location would have been good too I think

1. Is a bit to dark for me, and the background is dull and bland.

2. I like the idea of 2 but the DoF is to shallow as the "G" is not in focus.

3. I don't think is a particularly interesting angle/part of the car.

4. Like this one, taken a bumper level looks nice. But it needs to be the whole car not half. Though you may not have been able to due to background/ angle constraints.

5. I think it may work if you had a wide angle shot to include the whole house, at the moment it seems like a distraction. The shot does feel cramped.

6. Good Angle, Nice background but the two lights above the hedge on the right is a bit of a distraction.

Back