30d canon

hotchef23

Gonna turn red
Edit My Images
No
hi all
thinking of selling my 30d to go upwards to 5d or the new 40, dont know what to ask for it any ideas.

Have a browse on ebay to see what they're going for - then you know roughly where to pitch your price regardless of where you sell it.

this has been edited because it appears i am trying to sell so sorry if i cause offense to any person.
sorry for any unintended offfence caused by my post
thanks
eric

No offence caused m8, just against the forum rules until you've been a member for long enough.

thanks steep
trying to improve and find the best kit available so will try on other sites.
would it be better to go 5d 40 d or up grade lenses, thinking of 17 40 0r similiar for something like 10 20 or 10 22.
so unsure what to do. apart from try to get infrmation here as it appears i am trying to sell.
thanks
eric

I'd ask the question of

Have you outgrown the feature set of the 30D?
If not a more expensive / featured camera isn't going to bring any real improvements to your photography.

The 30d is a very capable camera indeed.

Switching to a full frame body like the 5 has it's own problems, but thats subject for a thread in another section :)

Hi Eric,
I didnt mean to ruffle your feathers by editing your posts but as I said in my PM, we only allow advertising after 30days membership and a total of 100 posts, hence I have since further edited & removed the pricing you stated above.

If you genuinely want advice regarding upgrades & lenses, you'd do better to post in 'Talkphotography' rather than 'Out Of Focus' as there youll get more feedback than here in the Chittychat section.
Hth. :)

As for the upgrade, I don't know, the 30D is more than enough camera for me. I don't believe an upgrade from the 30 to the 40 would be worthwhile, there's just not enough difference between them to warrant it.

What kind of photography are you interested in and what kit do you already have along with your 30d?

p.s. the mods can move this thread to talkphotography for you if you want :)

I'd like to add, i'm in a similar situation with my 30D and considering the 5D, but is it worth the extra £800 px?, I'd like to think so, but the only extra you're getting on the 5D is full frame and better noise control and 2mp extra resolution (is it 10mp?).

I'd always recommend investing your money in lenses as they tend to hold their value better than bodies, and obviously, buying the best lenses you can afford will give you better IQ.

So to answer my question, and hopefully yours, i don't think it's worth upgrading my body before i acquire the lenses i want.

the 5 is a 12mp sensor, but you'll lose the crop factor advantage for small stuff.

high iso control is awesome though :)

hi thanks all
it came down to the lack of funds,looking at the quality of my pictures i have reached maximum with what i have. the money i have available after birthday is about 200 so not enough for top quality lens, i have the 18 55 kit alos 50 plastic fantastic and 70 300 usm lower price lens.

i was trying to find out what wuold be a good price to sell the 30 d and then depending on that purchae the 40d or save up for the 5d. but with the response here i would say stick with the 30 and look at my lenses.

is there anything out there that would meet my needs for landscape, i have pictures on other sites that i have posted over the last year and a bit if this would help people to know my style and capabilites.

so i think the upgrade is out it haas got to be the lens, suggestions please that are avalable that will go above the quality of the lenses i have allready for the money i have or save and get one top quality lens

thanks for advice Eric

you'd be better saving up for a while m8, I've owned and many folk here use the Sigma 10-20 it's a great lens when used to it's potential but it's quite a bit over £200

Probably far too late here, but if anyone else is considering the same AND ASSUMING YOU HAVE GOOD LENSES, then I would heartily recommend it.

I have just done the upgrade from 30D to 5D and the difference in quality is very noticeable, the 5D images just POP so much better, there's a real three-dimensional feel to them.

The only thing to note is that wildlife togs might miss the crop factor, but full frame for the wide angle is so worth it!

Cheers,
James

the one thing that tempts me to the 5D is i have the 24-105 F/4L, which is the perfect walkabout lens for the 5D and then i could sell my 10-20 and get the 17-40 F/4L to compensate, but i can't afford to spend anything at the moment, and i'll wait to see the replacement of the 5D whenever that's released.

alternatively, i could sell my complete canon kit and buy a nikon D300 and a couple of decent lenses and have great ISO control but still cropped sensor. I decided against that though.

Back