30D remote RC-1/RC-5 Confusion

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble working out which remote (wireless) is the right one for my camera? My canon accessories guide doesn't have the wirelss ones on it!?

Can someone who is using one on their 30D tell me which one they use.

Many thanks

The 30D does not have an IR wireless remote sensor.
You need a cable remote.
TC-80N3 or RS-80N3 are the Canon models but you can get cheapo fleabay remotes that will also work.
I don't see it as much of a handicap personally, as infra red is line of sight and I'm usually not very far behind the lens anyway.

Laugh or not.. .they work brilliantly... lots of folk on here have them.

And, for the first 15 metres or so, you don't need to pull out the ariel.

Bob

Yes, mine also works without the antenna extended.

:LOL: Complete with 1980 mobile phone style telescopic antenna.
I was only slightly laughing till I saw this photo in one of the testimonials. :LOL:

Don't knock it till you've tried one:nono: It's a very good bit of kit and I wouldn't be without mine(y)

I'm not knocking it.
Fleabay triggers are great, I have some cactus V2's myself.

It just made me laugh in light of recent anti-terrorist developments.

Officer: What's this sir?
Tog: It's a remote for my camera.
Officer: Is it really sir. Phottix? Never heard of that make. You're nicked Osama! Come with us please...

Anyway it's good news for the Op after all.
:)

Hi guys thanks for the help, I've been away for the weekend but will be buying the Phottix remote shortly.

Thanks for all of your help,

Mucho Aprreciatedo!

Are these Phottix any good? I was looking at something for my 365's akin to the small wireless remote I used to use for the G3. 15m would be fine (without the aerial of course).

Would this £12 jobbie be fine? There's no worry of not firing?
Does AF work like it does on the wired remote?

yES... half a press autofocuses. And you can use it for a bulb setting too.

Cool, I might just invest in one of those, I was thinking of posting for just this sort of solution :D

Does it have to be a Phottix or are any / most of the fleabay wireless ones OK?

They are all the same Marcel... i just thought phottix sounded better than loo min po or somesuch!!! :D

LOL Cheers. Theres one for 6.50 on there but it doesnt look as good as the Phottix.
I'm right in thinking they don't need direct line of site aren't I?

Back