30th birthday

Name
mat
Edit My Images
Yes
well ive been asked by the birthday girls father to take pictures at her 30 th birthday

they have seen my pics on fb ect and know that im a total noob but they said would i do it, i thought about it for a while and decided that i will.

there was no plans to have a togger for the occasion anyway so rather than aload of drunk p&s pictures they thought i may like to get some practice in.
and maybe they will have a few pics at the end of it.

i dont know the daughter really so wasnt invited anyway so i will just try and be as professional as possible and try and get some good pics, for my benefit aswell as theres.

it's a fancy dress do so hopefully there will be some good oppurtunity for some fun shots.
im going to get a flash for the occasion ( was thinking the jessops one as i hear its pretty good ).
its also a disco so there will be flashing lights ect

so im looking for any advice that can help me take some good shots and give me the best chance, and also what to expect.

i am looking forward to the opurtunity which isnt for 7 weeks yet so lots of time for advice before the day

thanks

mat

must add i am not getting paid for this im just treating it as a good chance to get some practice

I recently shot a joint 50th & 25 Birthday party (Mother & Daughter).

It was a friend of a friend so I wasn't looking to make money out of it.

There was a kids entertainer and a close-up magician, I was there from 19:00 - 23:00 and supplied them with a disc containing over 400 photo.

It was good getting some reaction shots of the kids with the entertainer and the adults with the magician.

Here are a few general shots from the night

Carols50th-11_Resize.jpg

Carols50th-38_Resize.jpg

Carols50th-102_Resize.jpg

Carols50th-120_Resize.jpg

Carols50th-176_Resize.jpg

Carols50th-196_Resize.jpg

Lighting was a little tricky as there was a high ceiling and it wasn't possible to bounce the flash so I used the dome on my lightsphere pointed directly at the subject.

nice shots mate

its good to see some pics so it gives me something to aim for

thanks

mat

What is the venue?
Is it all disco, all will there be a more relaxed bit before the dancing?

What is the venue?
Is it all disco, all will there be a more relaxed bit before the dancing?

well its in a hall the dj will be playing from the off

i was thinking of maybe getting a few shots of people as there walking towards the entrance.
a few drinking at the bar ( doin shots ect )
people doing unusual things ect
busting moves on the dance floor

and then a few of the intoxicated super heroes and pirates trying to get to the taxi's lol

as i say its my first party so i really need all the help i can get

Back