350d Or 20d Which One???

Which would you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamie-dm

Edit My Images
No
This Is A Poll To Find Out Who Prefers What.

Just Reply With Your Name And "20d" Or "350d"

Have Fun!!!!

Hi Jamie

I've made this into a proper poll for you, the results "should" be viewable to all....if i have done it without breaking something

:)

I have a feeling I know which is going to win ;)

I did vote for the 20D, but that's discounting the factor of cost.

I only bought my 350D and not the 20D purely because I couldn't justify the (at the time) cost difference of 500 quid. Not for the extras it gave me.

If I was buying now it might be a different story though. The difference in price is less.

It's a bit of a no brainer that one Jamie. ;) With the 20D you get better build quality and more features - which you may or may not use. The fact is though that the 350D has the same sensor as the 20D and is quite capable of producing shots every bit as good or better than the 20D, depending on who's pressing the button - you only have to look around this forum for some superb examples. ;)

CT said:
It's a bit of a no brainer that one Jamie. ;) With the 20D you get better build quality and more features - which you may or may not use. The fact is though that the 350D has the same sensor as the 20D and is quite capable of producing shots every bit as good or better than the 20D, depending on who's pressing the button - you only have to look around this forum for some superb examples. ;)

Indeed.

Just make sure you skip past my examples and you won't be disappointed :D

And if you're a first time buyer Jamie shouldn't you be considering the 30D too? :)

Yes.. the sensors are slightly different - not in any very significant degree, but it's a fair cop guv. :)

I did look at the 350d I must admit, but in spite of not having particularly large hands I just didn't find it comfortable to hold at all. I also felt that, having my eye on a 100-400 in the long term, and having seen one of these lenses in use on a 350d, that set-up just looked unbalanced and awkward to handle, hence the 30d it was.

I voted for the 20D...as mentioned, a no brainer.
The only thing that made me go for the 350D was price (I was skint and trying to spawn my very own footlball team)

I can't say I've been dissapointed though, but if someone was to take a 20D off me and give me the 350D it would be like taking a dog off a bone I would imagine.

i voted for the the 20d.but as mentioned above i too bought the 350d a big price difference at the time (y)

well I bought the 20D because the 350 wasn't out at the time :D

and I'd just sold a little used 300D/grip set up, so I needed a new body.

I wonder if i could sell the 20D and make way for a 1d.......and by the look I just got off the wife when i typed that, i'd say it's a conclusive NO

digitalfailure said:
I wonder if i could sell the 20D and make way for a 1d.......and by the look I just got off the wife when i typed that, i'd say it's a conclusive NO

I can help you there.

Sell it to me for "Mates rates" and I'll take care of your good lady, and pursuade her to let you buy the 1d (y)

Deal?

What do you mean by 'take care of' ?

I personally can read that two ways, neither of which is a good option for DF!

:D

I'd always go for the Nikon, simply because I have loads of Nikkor lenses, but which is the better of the two? Dunno...
I'd also tend to go for the D200 or upwards - having used the D2x, it'd be really difficult down-grading...

Marcel said:
I can help you there.

Sell it to me for "Mates rates" and I'll take care of your good lady, and pursuade her to let you buy the 1d (y)

Deal?

I can assure you m8, you can't help me!!!

I've been told that a new camera will come after

lounge totally redecorated
Bathroom "" ""
Back garden returfed and sorted.

moved house

decorated all rooms.......you seeing a pattern here? :puke:

For features and size (personally I think even the 20D is on the small side) got to be the 20D.

digitalfailure said:
I can assure you m8, you can't help me!!!

I've been told that a new camera will come after

lounge totally redecorated
Bathroom "" ""
Back garden returfed and sorted.

moved house

decorated all rooms.......you seeing a pattern here? :puke:
My wife was a bit like that as well, new cam after an extension to the house. I reminded her she got an extension last year, she just chose to put horses in it :shrug:

20D all the way.

I've had a 300D, a 350D, a 20D and now a 1DmkIIN.

I sold the 350D and I use the 20D as a back up to the 1D.

I would of had the 20d, but as I was just starting out costs came top of the list as it would have been stupid buying a 20d and only snapping holiday pics with it. But if I could start again I'd have a 30d without fail.(y)

Back