3D printing

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
Anyone on here do any 3D printing ??
I need a plastic ring/adapter made to go on the front of the Godox MF12 macro flash (to go in the ring that goes on the front of the lens that holds the flash heads) to enable me to use a diffuser in front of the flash heads.
I have the .stl file

regards
tman (Tony)

IMG_6829.jpeg

Cheers Mike very decent of you (y)

Only problem is it’s a .stl file and I can’t upload it onto here :thinking:
Any idea how I can get it to you ??

regards
Tony

I can't get my head round this 3D printing do you need someone to have designed something before you can make it from a download or can you copy something by taking photos of it and adding dimensions

Don’t know an awful lot about 3D printing but I know someone has to basically compile a .stl file which are the instructions the printer understands

You use sources like Thingiverse for thousands of ready made files, or like myself learn something like Fusion 360 and design very complicated shapes and items. I use a Creality 3d printer slightly modified. Its another great hobby.

Last edited:
As Chris says,

You draw what you want in a CAD program then convert it into a file the printer can read.
The simplest way to explain it is; a 3d object is sliced into very thin layers in a program then the printer just prints hundreds of 2d pictures on top of each other. The print nozzle melts the plastic as it prints and it all sticks together. Simples!

Thingiverse is a great source of many things to print.

Cheers,
Mike.

Back