4 Spotted Chaser

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Superb capture there Les, certainly see to be getting some good results from that lens

Thank you Gents- comments always welcomed and appreciated :D

Les (y)

Thank you Chris, there are literally 100's around where I live and theyt seem easy to creep up on, I was a little over 10 feet from the one I shot

Not true macro I'll give you that - but I think the 150-500mm is underated

Les :D

Ps more than welcome to pop over to Taunton for a shoot - anytime ;)

any time Chris- I know all the haunts lol

Les (y)

Absolutely superb, nice and crisp. Think this sets the standard, but how the heck I get there god only knows !

Thats a blinding shot Les.

Thank you Mike and Gary-your comments are well received :D

Ive not had the lens long and struggl3ed to find its sweet spot, I now know its f8, roll on the weekend :LOL:

Les ;)

Ooh, that's lovely, Les - very detailed and lovely shades of gold in it. :) Really nice.

Once again Les, I'm gobsmacked how well you're getting on with it!
Tack sharp with beautiful detail and colours. (y)
I'm sooo jealous!!
I just don't seem to be getting the best from mine at all, I expect it's pilot error. ;)

Thank you guys- comments appreciated, its just practise is all, nothing more....

Les (y)

So sharp and so much details! Always find macro stuff interesting as you can learn so much more! :D

So sharp and so much details! Always find macro stuff interesting as you can learn so much more! :D

I agree but not shot with a traditional Macro lens, Although I do own one, shot this with a large telephoto lens Sigma 150-500mm :eek:

glad you liked the image and thanks for taking the time to comment

Les (y)

Thank you for taking the time to comment- appreciated (y)

Les :D

Great shot Les. I've got the 150-500 but never thought of using it like that. I assume it was hand held?

Nice effort, but for me personally I would have liked to have seem the wings on the left hand side sharp and the background less distracting. I'm only saying this as if I was judging it in a Natural History competition.

Still a great shot

Nice effort, but for me personally I would have liked to have seem the wings on the left hand side sharp and the background less distracting. I'm only saying this as if I was judging it in a Natural History competition.

Still a great shot

you are welcome to have an opinion, nothing I could have done about the background unfortunatley and its not in a competiton :shrug:

Thanks for the comments

Les (y)

Hi lez, just stumbled across this image of yours on the forum, & have to say i've never seen such good results from one of these lenses till now, but what focal setting did you have it set to when you took this pic, & were you using extention tubes ?
thanks. :)

shot @500mm - f8 -@ 1/500th sec no tubes-manual and hand held

Les (y)

Thank you Rhod - Neither do I, and its not like I could re-position the Dragonfly now is it :LOL:

Les

It is a great shot Les, made even more so by the use of the 150-500 lens. Yes in an ideal world the dragonfly would be square on to you with a perfectly green OOF background, but we dont live in a perfect world, and you can only work with what you find. This FSC stands out sufficiently against the background.

Is this as shot? Or is it a crop? I have the same lens, never considered using it for 'macro'

Stephen

Thanks for the kind words- its as shot, maybe a slight and I do mean slight crop to off centre the subject a tad

I love the 150-500mm for close up although you need to be at least 10ft away at the long end :LOL::LOL:

give it a go Stephen, its great fun

Les (y)

one I got last week same lens

DSC02059 by Lez325, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Back