400D kit lens.....

Ashers

Suspended / Banned
Name
Ash
Edit My Images
Yes
is a big pile of horse droppings.... compaired to others.... my fiend has a nikon and his sems so much better :( ut i cant afford a new one lol. i do have a tameron 55-200 that i got with it but ya know :confused:

Its not so bad - these were all taken with the kit lens: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mobilevirgin/sets/72157594277610616/

It can produce good results. Although there are plenty other better lenses out there, that's for sure. You get what you pay for. Just pick your subject and time of day with some care.

/edit - the last 3 on the flickr set (the close ups) aren't with the kit - they're with the 300mm

It isn't that bad, and it's better than having nothing in that range (*cough* me)

Stop down. Try and be *at least* f/8 or above.

Agreed, it's not that bad. Of course there are better lenses out there, but its a good starting point when stopped down in good light, and offers plenty of scope for taking decent pictures. Use it to teach yourself about composition, DoF and so on, and then upgrade. How about showing some shots taken with it?

These days it seems like sport on this forum, and others, to slag off the kit lens without giving it a chance.

Its not s' bad
Here's a couple that I took not long after I got it, a bit soft and will stand a bit of sharpening but none the less.................

IMG_0121_Small_2_.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

For a starter lens it's fine, I used it for a while before upgrading.

Back