400D or 450D

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I'm in a bit of a quandary regarding which Camera. I've tried a few cameras and thought I had settled on the Canon 450D, with the intention of adding the Canon 55-250 IS lens. My photography consists of landscapes, motorsport, holiday stuff, and looking to try animal/birds.
Has anyone used a 400D and then moved to the 450D?
I know theres not too much difference in price, however is the 450D worth the extra. Is it a better camera? I've read the reviews of the 450D, but I'm more confused.
I welcome your comments.
Bill

Yeah the 450D is better, just has a few features that are better (like a bigger LCD, LiveView, 2 extra megapixels).

The image quality will be pretty much identical on both, the 450D just has a few extra usefull features. You just have to decide if said features are worth spending a bit more money on :)

how much is the 450d, i got my 400d for £275 body only .... great price, also if you buy the 450d you're going to have to spend less on lenses. Afterall all a camera is, is a box that lets the light in, although one has live view ...

but yeah loads of pros and cons tbh

I moved from the 400D to the 40D (the 40D is a much better camera, and it is cheaper too)..............

Have also got 400D, and wanted a second body, decided on 40D - no regrets awesome bit of kit. Build quality is up a notch or two over the 400D, which is still a great camera for the price.

Many thanks for the comments, I know its a personal thing- and I still don't know.
It will be one or the other when I finally buy one.
Thanks again.
Bill

Many thanks for the comments, I know its a personal thing- and I still don't know.
It will be one or the other when I finally buy one.
Thanks again.
Bill

Have you considered a 40D with current cash back they can be had for the same if not a little less than a 450D and from my perspective the xxD series from canon is alot better in use than the xxxD series

I moved from a 400D to a 40D, with cashback its a steal, so much camera, and costs less than the 450D at the time. The points that made me want the 40D - Faster frame rate, better buffer, better viewfinder and still continues with compact flash memory cards unlike the 450 thats gone to SD (YUK)... Build quality and size played an important part as well, always felt the 400D felt to small and had to add the grip to it to make it feel better in my hands.

Back