40D click wheel dosen't click anymore

Edit My Images
Yes
Had my 40D for a few months now, and i'v noticed that the top wheel (for selecting modes) dosen't 'click' anymore.

It's gone kinda stiff and soft. Sometimes it feels softer but it's not clicking like it used to...

Anyone else heard of this problem?

sounds like time for a quick trip to your local friendly purveyor of expensive toys for a bit of tlc

Dosn't really bother me that much, still works the same, just wondered if anyone else has had this problem...

Might get it looked at tho.

Is the on/off switch definitely in the top position? (the 3rd click upwards).

I'm talking about the top wheel, where you select the mode (like M, P, Tv, Av) not the scroll wheel on the back (I know about the on/off button click thing and how you need to click it to the top to allow you to change apature with the scroll wheel. Spent ages wondering why the on/off button had 3 states when I first got it lol).

It's a physical problem, not electrical.

Just tested mine and it still clicks, I dont change it often though, tends to just sit in Av :p

Ahhh..

Sorry about the confusion. Mine clicks too (that's on a 30d mind you, but the same part number iirc). It should click a teeny bit and fall into a dip, basically it should be quite a defined switch from one mode to the other, with no movement. If it's borked, send it back :p.

My 5D wheel clicks like a kid with a yoghurt pot in his BMX wheel :|

Shouldn't 'go soft' IMO and I'd get it looked at while it's in warranty and the sun isn't shining.

I had this wheel break on my old EOS 5 film body some years back, got it fixed for about £100 as I had just sold it on Ebay as fully working! Your body is presumably still under warranty?

Looks like it's kinda fixed itself...clicks more now...wierd.

It's not under warrenty, I imported it from Hong Kong so didn't come with one. Came with one from DigitaRev but I have to ship it back to HK to get it repaired...and I need it for work so not really gonna bother. Not a big problem anyway, the wheel is just stiff occasionally.

Digital rev have got a London office/warehouse and will send it back for you under their own warrenty... somthing like that anyway..

Back