430 EZ flash

33L

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi All.

just a quick question, I have jsut recently got the flash off the sales forums. its main use is for a strobe in a mini studio. my question is... i know that this is not compatible with modern DSLRS. can you safely trigger it from the hotshoe even though it has to be used in manual mode?

Ive read on other forums that it will fire fine but as you say it will only work in manual.

Also if you plan to use it off camera at any point i think I read that it has a standby mode that cant be disabled and will turn the flash off every 90 seconds or so.

thanks guys what i thought! i know the standby is annoing but my other unit is the same. do they re-start after a test fire. thats what i tend to do with the other one.

Not sure what it is like with the old ones but custom function #1 on my 430EX allows you to disable 'sleep' mode

got the flash no custom functions as far as i can see. will flick throguh the manual, Its a great little lens and it wakes up witha half press of the shutter so it will wake up with a test fire. Will be looking for another one soon so i have a mtached pair of cheap strobes with alot of potential.

Back