430EX wireless + Studio Lights

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have a 430EX and two interfit 300W lights. I use the 430EX to optically trigger the interfit lights which i hear isnt great and i dont always get the 430EX in line to trigger them.
So i am wanting a wireless trigger and reciever that i can use for the studio lights and for the 430EX (incase i use it wireless out and about or to light the BG)

What would you recommend something fairly decent dont want to go really cheap and have to keep buying new ones so would rather save in the first place and getting something decent that will work 100%!

Also how many Flashes can be triggered at once, as i am looking to get a couple more interfit lights for various occasions. (which im not too sure where to get but am looking lol)

Many Thanks
Matt

Wow 21 views and no comments lol. Also i posted this thread at 12 and no one has made any posts or threads since lol.

If you do a search you will get countless threads and posts all asking the same or similar questions... lots of information to be gained there. (y)

I searched and only found information on catcus and cheap ebay ones looking for something better built.
Cant seem to find much on Skyports google doesnt return much. Cant find where to buy them or the recievers. How many flashes they will light?

I use Bowens radio triggers, which I bought from Calumet for vast sums of hard earned.

They are costly but they are also very reliable and I've used them in some very radio unfriendly places. They connect up via PC cable or hot shoe and I have one on the camera and one flash head hooked up. The others fire from their internal slaves.

This is one of those cases where only you can decide what's worth spending and how critical the performance is.

Woah those skyports are extremely pricy! Especially the recievers geese! Are there any that are maybe a step down quality wise but just as reliable but better than say the cactus or are the cactus stuff under rated?

Any more help on reasonably price equipment that have good build quality and are not hit and miss like some??

Is this what i need to add a pc sync cable to the 430EX? Also what sort of stand/tripod to hold the flash??

I am about to order catcus triggers from gadget infinity!

Just ordered Catcus Trigger and 2 extra recievers! Also ordered a lightbox from maplin! Would i be able to use my studio lights?

Back