4490 film holder, can I get OEM's?

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I've the chance of a 4490 photo scanner, everything there except the film holders. The seller put them in with a printer she sold by mistake!
It's a local paper ad and for £55 is about right?
Am I right in thinking I can scan without the holders, or with home-made card holders? I'd like to do up to 5x4 if possible.
If not, anyone have any sources where I can buy the originals? Buying the Betterscan holders would be defeating the purpose of a cheap scanner!
I found one site http://www.euro-parts.com/en that re-directed me to a UK site but couldn't find the parts :(
Thanks!

Last edited:
the largest you can scan with the 4490 is 120 format film. I used to tack the film on with blue tack haha. gets grubby but easy to clean (the holder broke)

Thanks, yeah, I now know about 120, even search engines confused 4490 with the 4990 lol.
Still, I have a 6x9 back for my 5x4 camera plus my 6x6 TLR's :)
I'll explore the option of 2 scan and stitching for 5x4, so all in all, still worth it, I think. 'Specially as I've got her down to £45 ;)

Last edited:
It's a good scanner. If you scan at really high resolutions the quality is outstanding. (I would scan at around 100 megapixels, then when later resizing the image later to 1024px on the longest side for web, the detail and sharpness was still amazing)

Back