450D continuous shooting mode

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just noticed this .When the continuous mode is set ,one shot focusing selected or any other for that matter,when i go to take shot i get two quick shots initially ,proceeded with a shot approximately every half a secondish ,surely the shutter should be more rapid than that .Does the memory card make a difference to the speed of the camera.The card i have is an integral SD 2GB .Ta for looking :)

Sounds like you set to shoot in RAW with the high ISO noise reduction setting turned on (Menu, Custom Functions 4). If you turn that setting off, then shoot RAW, the camera will take 6 before slowing down. I've seen the exact same thing with that setting on.

Duh ...i'm a dork :D ,noise reduction was on .Full functionality is now resumed . Thanks people for your helpful diagnostics .Such a helpful bunch on this forum,by far the best i,ve come across thus far :clap::clap::clap:

Is this a Canon thing then? I have just tried with my Sony, shooting continuous at 3200 ISO in RAW and NR on and got a good 4 fps. :shrug: Does this prove Sony is better than Canon? :D :exit:

Is this a Canon thing then? I have just tried with my Sony, shooting continuous at 3200 ISO in RAW and NR on and got a good 4 fps. :shrug: Does this prove Sony is better than Canon? :D :exit:

No, it means your noise reduction isn't working :D

Sounds like you set to shoot in RAW with the high ISO noise reduction setting turned on (Menu, Custom Functions 4). If you turn that setting off, then shoot RAW, the camera will take 6 before slowing down. I've seen the exact same thing with that setting on.

Does NR make much of a difference? I haven't compared shots enough to tell...

Actually I have my noise reduction set to off as it creates a watercolour effect. In fact, up until a firmware update last year, I couldn't actually turn it off! Then again, I shoot in RAW so it doesn't really make that much difference. ;)

Additional: I tried the test again later on this afternoon, only this time I turned the long exposure noise reduction on and that really slowed it down! :D

Does NR make much of a difference? I haven't compared shots enough to tell...

I'm not really sure. I turned it on one night, when I was shooting Astro frames at ISO1600. They were still really really noisy, it's not the same as the full Noise Reduction, which takes and subtracts a dark frame from the image, thus double the exposure time. I don't think it really makes a huge amount of difference to the end result personally, so now have it turned off as I noticed it effectively killed the continuous mode (ok 6 frames before hitting a buffer block isn't great compared to the machine gun shutters of some of the cameras at Goodwood, but it's better than 2).

Back