50d owners - share your best settings

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive got a 50d now, and obviously want to get the best from it, so what settings are you all using, do you leave it as it comes, or prefer certain custom functions?

Almost essential IMO is to switch ALO (Auto lighting optimiser) and HTP (Highlight tone priority) off...they're defaulted to on.

Bob

yeah i found those in custom settings, turned them off...

I've been playing the Cfn to use the joystick to select AF point and am unsure of which mode I prefer for it to be in.

Still getting the new button locations off pat for now before I properly investigate the custom functions

Enable the lens optimization (Forgot the term) which corrects for the different lenses.

I also recommend putting the image display on HOLD after each frame is taken - Perfect for reviewing on the lovely 3'' screen. Apart from that I have kept it on the custom functions it came with.

Enjoy a great camera. I have been using it since November as my main body for all work, and not had a problem yet!

Bob's covered the two main settings to disable - they have a really adverse effect on noise with the 50D.

Not exactly a setting - but don't overlook the quick settings screen which is selected by just pressing in the joystick controller. All the main functions you might want to access during shooting can then be altered from the preview screen.. a really useful feature. I spend a lot of time shooting from a tripod, so no more tipping the camera back and peering at that top lcd screen while changing settings.

thanks all, ive been playing with the camera all night, so god only knows what its going to do next time i use it, but hopefully nowt unexpected

Back