50mm f1.8 for £50?

Name
Katy
Edit My Images
No
Hey!!!

I found a cheap fiddy (canon 50mm f1.8 mkII)

I was wondering if anyone has one of these? and wht they think of it?

If it is a good lens, then i am buying one, as it solves my prob *** not being able to afford a fiddy and a 24-105!!!

:)

Thanks again guys xxx :D

Nifty fifty is legend value for money...many posts on this, all agree it is a cracker optically , build quality obviously not up to an L series, but for £50????....

Hi ya
the nifty fifty is probably one of the best value lenses you can buy
is it a new one? i've seen them for <£60 new
either way you need one in your kit bag (y)

I Know, thats wht i thought!
the other one i liked (fiddy) was nearing on 1200 squidds!!!! OMG
lol

i love the name it has made for itself, the 'Plastic Fantastic'!!

hehehe
thanks guys, i shall put it on my definate list

I am going to buy one as well, been watching a few on fleebay, however some people when bidding on second hand ones don't actually reaslise the actual price they are to buy brand new

I was bidding on a 2nd hand 50mm mkII lens with NO warrenty and I set my maximum bid at £36. I got outbid and the item actually went for £49.67.

Now if you doa search on ebay you can pick one of these up, new and delivered to your door with 12 months warrenty for £48-£55 , or get your butt down to jessops and get it for £69.99

Its mental what some people pay for things

Mike

The optical quality is really good on the nifty but it does focus hunt quite a bit in low light unless you have an external flash on your camera and use the IR focus assist.
It's also made really cheaply. however I still wouldn't go anywhere without mine.

Just took delivery of mine. Cant wait to use it after all the good comments im hearing

Another fan, right here. Quality purchase.

I think most people have this lens, the quality for price ratio is just great. You won't find a lens that's better value for money.

Got mine for £50.

Bah, humbug, it's only of value if you use it :p

Been after one of these for a while been looking on the bay and a few other forums, my patience finally paid of today whilst visiting a certain AV forum I manged to pick one up for £35 inc a filter no box but you cannot have everything!!!

Dod, I thought you bought and sold these as a business...:LOL::LOL: I got fed up waiting for the one you bought a few months ago to come back on the market, so I just got one, immaculate, boxed, £40 incl p+p...

George

Back