50mm f1.8

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Got it at last!!!!! Also got the Battery Grip coming on tuesday probably.

The lens looks fantastic - not had much chance to play with it yet but the few shots I have taken, the effect you can achieve with depth of field is amazing! :D

Glad you like the new addition to your bag.

Get some images posted :)

digitalfailure said:
Glad you like the new addition to your bag.

Get some images posted :)

Sir! Yes Sir!!!

*scurries off to get pics processed*! ;)

Fantastic little lens isnt it?
I assume you bought the Mk2?

Marcel said:
Fantastic little lens isnt it?
I assume you bought the Mk2?

I did indeed - got it at Cameraworld at Chelmsford yesterday. £72.99 which was about the cheapest I could find in this country, although I could have got it a little cheaper from HK I believe.

Quick plug for Cameraworld too - excellent service and really seem to know their stuff.

hehe I was thinking of going the eBay route for mine, but couldn't find one cheap enough to warrant it. All the cheap ones I found were the older FD ones.....Luck of the draw I suppose. I managed to get mine from Kerso for £68 inc Special Delivery. (came a couple of days later).

I have to say though, my thoughts?...How TINY is the box? :p

LOL - Marcel - just realised our kit-lists are now almost identical! And yes, I'm with you on the box thing. The chap took it down off the shelf yesterday and I thought "blimey - is that it?!" :p

Hehe yup.

:O at our kit list! I never noticed that.

I'd like a 550 but just don't have the cash at the moment. (And the remote cable is one of the next on my list), you don't have a lowepro mini trekker aw do you, or a hama star 42 tripod :p ? :D

Marcel said:
Hehe yup.

:O at our kit list! I never noticed that.

I'd like a 550 but just don't have the cash at the moment. (And the remote cable is one of the next on my list), you don't have a lowepro mini trekker aw do you, or a hama star 42 tripod :p ? :D

Urgh.....mini trekker aw - guilty as charged! :D

Keltic Ice Man said:
I've just this minute bought one on Fleabay - looking forward to it :)

Did you get the Mk1 version ??? watched this on e-bay for a while, then did the usual 'make a cuppa' came back and it had finished. :bonk:

The one I watched ended at £77

I'm thinking of getting one of these this week, does anyone know of a good place to buy it? (i need it by Friday really).

Thanks

Matt. said:
I'm thinking of getting one of these this week, does anyone know of a good place to buy it? (i need it by Friday really).

Thanks
Try Kerso, search for him on ebay....Good quick service!

i just got mine today, bought off ebay through the seller - kerso

He does next day delivery so, if you order today/tomorrow you should be fine.

Kerso doesn't have any up :( Though i have sent him a message, so hopefully he'll reply today.

He usually has more stuff than whats on the site, got in touch about a 1.4x Extender which werent present on the site, he not only had one but sold it a little cheaper as it wouldnt incur Ebay fees, also that night he put some more up on his site:clap:

Contact him here:
kerso1123@msn.com

(y)

Yup, kerso comes recommended from most places.

He does do things a litle cheaper for non ebay and non paypal transactions.

I paid directly into his account for my 50mm f1.8 a couple of weeks ago, and contacted him via PM on another forum :)

RobertP said:
He is a member here too you know ;)

Hehe aye he is.
His email address is up to date too, so you can PM him here ;)

I only PM'd him from elsewhere because I was logged in at the time, and it meant extra clicks :p

That's a Mk2, has the plastic mount. No big issue as it weighs so little that the plastic mount will be more than up to the job! :)

Matt. said:
Well, i've paid for it, so lets hope it comes soon :D

I put money in his account on the Friday afternoon I think, and got it on Weds...something like that.

Back