50's Style....*New Pic Added*

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
Tonight I went to my friends house, and I took some shots of her.
It was a fun evening, just to test some hair and make-up, before I got her back into the studio, to test some different lighting etc. [With the help of DiddyDave]

So....I did her make up, then sat 45minutes, curling her hair with really thin curling tongs....
Made a scarf into a top, so she looked like she hadn't got a top on, yet she had. Mainly because there were just to be "head and shoulder shots" I like the bare skin/shoulder and neck look. I think it looks quite timelessly classy.

She's never had her hair curly, so it was amazing to see how different she looked. And she felt fabulous which helped too.

This girl, has just been offered a 3-year modelling contract, due to her online modelling portofolio, with photographs from moi. :)

Anyway.....enough of me rambelling, here are just two of the pictures.
The same shot, but different processing. I will post more in later.

2588731940_8dc460c194_o.jpg

2588731944_a08d1c5357_o.jpg

Photograph was taken with Nikon D200, 18-70mm lens, with onboard flash, and against an offwhite/cream wall in her house.

Thanks for looking C&C Welcome.

Last edited:
looks ok, i notice you did some dodgy cloning on her right armpit though!

I prefer the colour one, I reckon the B&W one is a bit blown-out in certain areas. Maybe not though, maybe I secretly don't like high key.

Good shot though! :)

Last edited:
B&W one is certainly better...Although youve done her armpits a disservice by posing her with them showing ;)

Agree about the black and white one being better.....would have like to have had the option to have both elbows in the shot, don't know if its cropped or not?

Simon

B&W one is certainly better...Although youve done her armpits a disservice by posing her with them showing ;)
:LOL: How you mean Marcel? Amy asked what was wrong with her armpits.

Agree about the black and white one being better.....would have like to have had the option to have both elbows in the shot, don't know if its cropped or not?

Simon

I do have a shot with both her elbows in, but its not as close up....and to get "above her" I was stood on her Sofa, and I couldnt get any closer to her. LOL

I prefer the colour one, I reckon the B&W one is a bit blown-out in certain areas. Maybe not though, maybe I secretly don't like high key.

Good shot though! :)

Ha you edited this. Its ok, not everyone likes High-Key images, everyone is welcome to their opinion. :)

Thanks for the comments guys

I think the light is too harsh on her face in the B&W image but the B&W works betetr than the colour:)
#

Thanks for the comments Ruth, as I was only using onboard flash, its as good as I was going to get it.

I thought he'd arrive for a session like this! ;) :naughty:
No No No Janice, I did these ones on my own.
She's been a model of ours in the studio, for which I had DD's help with.

Prefer the B&W, it flatters the model more as well as looking classier (IMHO at least).

I like it, to replicate the 50's style though how about a background layer, converted to B&W and then opacity reduced to about 60% and the red lips bringing back out 100% original, if that makes any sense ?

Yeah i agree, B&W is definately better, but it doesnt do anything for me having a model showing her armpits in the picture im afraid.

They needed a trim ;)
Sorry it doesnt bother me at all. Just photographically it could have been a bit neater :D
(I didn't want to say cos that would have been rude, but you did ask)

There's nowt wrong with em at all :)

Care to elaborate as to why?
I know its not a "common" done thing.....but.....anyone care to say why?

In my opinion, and that of a number of model shooters i know, its not the most glamourous part of a model to be displaying photos that are supposed to be depicting her beauty.

In my opinion, and that of a number of model shooters i know, its not the most glamourous part of a model to be displaying photos that are supposed to be depicting her beauty.

They needed a trim ;)
Sorry it doesnt bother me at all. Just photographically it could have been a bit neater :D
(I didn't want to say cos that would have been rude, but you did ask)

There's nowt wrong with em at all :)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well next time I'll give her more time for a shoot - rather than "Amy....I'm coming to your house....now"

You know, I like the whole armpit thing, no dramas here, I like the way it draws the eye and suggests what lies beneath, I think its sexy and not as trimmed as modern life has become, shaved everything, smooth this and that - anyway, my take as suggested above :)

50sstylecx4.jpg

I love the Pin Up style - keep at it, if she were wearing clothes, perhaps over saturate the colours, keep at it, very nice model, hair is great, skin is great and I am just an armpit perv ;)

Thank you. As stated this girl, has just been offered a modelling contract. So its just a case of trying different things for her.

Thank you for the comment about her hair, I did her hair and make-up and I'm no qualified MUA.

She was wearing clothes, you just cannot see them. :LOL:

But yes, I am hopefully going to get her back in the studio, with proper lighting, and maybe do this kind of style again. :)

Back