55-250mm going up in price!!

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all...

It seems this lens is the dogs wotsits at the moment....

I've noticed the price has actually gone UP in the last few days - there seems to be a major shortage of them.

Amazon have them but the price is around the 200 pound mark now...everywhere else I saw has them "on order..."

My new 450D should be here in a day or two so I've ordered one off a HK trader on ebay (I've bought stuff from before actually...) for about £155. Delivery in 3-4 days.....

Hi Rex,

How much was the 250mm before it went up? I'm interested in buying one, but not totally sure, maybe I should just jump in now!

Also who was the vendor? I'm a bit suspicious of the HK stuff since I don't want a hefty customs charge...

If you want to get them from the UK, www.camerabox.co.uk have had a consignment in today.... £180+ fiver postage.

They were going for anything from about £160 but have steadily gone up as it became clear stock was short! Now CB seem to have had some, they might start returning to what they were....unless CB's new consignment is an isolated case.....

Cheers for the heads up, I may as well grab one now... with the 1.6x factor on the 450d focal length is over 300mm anyway :)

edit: they keep saying it's under "worldwide constraint", just got to find my effing credit card now

Back