[56k beware] 4am shoot

Edit My Images
No
Never stepped out my front door at this time before, is nice to see what's out there.

2007021501-2.jpg

2007021501-3.jpg

2007021501-4.jpg

2007021501-5.jpg

2007021501-6.jpg

2007021501-7.jpg

2007021501-8.jpg

2007021501-9.jpg

2007021501-10.jpg

2007021501.jpg

I like these - a lot.

Did you use a tripod and long exposure for them?

Its great at that time in a morning - theres nobody else around to get in your shot :)

The two that I really like are the church and the last one.

Nice work (y)

I like these - a lot.

Did you use a tripod and long exposure for them?

Its great at that time in a morning - theres nobody else around to get in your shot :)

The two that I really like are the church and the last one.

Nice work (y)

Yeah it's my first real use of this tripod, other than for self portraits, took some getting used to. Never done long exposures before, wasted most photographs on experimenting - but that's the beauty of digital I suppose!

I've been awake far too long now :bang:

Thanks for the comments!

WOW those are very impressive! have wanted to do something similar for a while, but am just too lazy :( maybe this will get me going.....now I just need to find an interesting city nearby that is lit at 4am (Skipton is just one dark street :( ) - keep up the good work Ceasura!

P.S just noticed the milk float, nice touch - did you get any more of the milkman/women, saw some cracking early morning photos somewhere once that was based on a milkman doing his rounds....it was excellent.

P.S just noticed the milk float, nice touch - did you get any more of the milkman/women, saw some cracking early morning photos somewhere once that was based on a milkman doing his rounds....it was excellent.

No, in all honesty I wanted him to **** off! I was trying to photograph the streets as empty, and humanless, and as soon as I set up ready for the shot, he comes careering round the corner at 14mph ready to spoil it all, ah well my lack of patience got the better of me, so he got his moments glory

I'd love to see the set of milkman photographs you're on about though, it'd be nice viewing!

I will see if I can find them anywhere - I have a feeling it was in a magazine, and maybe not even a photography magazing :| will have a look though!

Nice pictures well worth getting up at early if you can capture shots like that. Love the B&W conversion adds to the mood (y)

Nice pictures well worth getting up at early if you can capture shots like that. Love the B&W conversion adds to the mood (y)

Cheers bud, yeah to be honest night photography in Preston pretty much consists of good scenery, but bland, overly warm tungsten light. So my only option is really to black and white em' all. Glad I managed to salvage one though!

Excellent set of mono pics Caesura ... :clap: ... well worth you getting up for at some ungodly hour just for our viewing entertainment ... most considerate of you ... ;)

They all work really well in mono and make great viewing ... (y) ... although I am struggling just a bit with #6 ... the Taxi sign & light ... doesn't appear to be much else going on in this one ... :shrug:

A simply smashing group of pics ... :D

:p

They all work really well in mono and make great viewing ... (y) ... although I am struggling just a bit with #6 ... the Taxi sign & light ... doesn't appear to be much else going on in this one ... :shrug:

Yeah sorry about that bud, I havn't put the descriptions of the pics on here.

I'll just quote what I wrote on deviantART

There used to be taxi's that parked here. Not so anymore

Someone got murdered here a few months back

although this area was shut off way before then

still. murder

sick.

Hope that clears up why I took the pic!

thanks for the comments, much love! :nuts:

Great set of photos, i wish i could get my lazy ass out of bed at that time. I've set the clock and promised myself on a number of occasions but when the alarm goes off i roll over turn it off and i'm back in the land of nod.

Yeah sorry about that bud, I havn't put the descriptions of the pics on here.
I'll just quote what I wrote on deviantART
Hope that clears up why I took the pic!
thanks for the comments, much love! :nuts:

Sorted ... thanx for that ... (y)

:p

Excellent shots, I don't think I'd want get up at 4 am though :)

Mike

very nice shots and well processed too (y)

Really nicely processed - at first look I though they might actually be film. :clap:

A very good set of images you have there, even more impressive is the fact you made Preston look an interesting place to take photos, every time I've been in day light I've really struggled to shoot anything.

Not too sure about walking round the streets at 4am with a grand or so of camera kit on show :cautious:

A very good set of images you have there, even more impressive is the fact you made Preston look an interesting place to take photos, every time I've been in day light I've really struggled to shoot anything.

Not too sure about walking round the streets at 4am with a grand or so of camera kit on show :cautious:

Preston is interesting in the day too! There's so many homeless people, and...fruit loops? Am I allowed to call them that? hehe, that it makes for some really interesting street portraits.

And the harris is beautiful no matter the time of day!

Back