5D MK II Arrived! First Impressions...

Edit My Images
No
Your order has been despatched for delivery and should be with you shortly. Your goods, dependant on courier, should be delivered between Monday-Friday 8am-6pm. Please note: if you selected a specific delivery timescale, please refer to your original order invoice.

Christ, I didn't think I could afford this on a student budget, but I have, and I am. And I'm amazingly excited to encorporate my photography with video too.

See this for why I want HD Video!

Will be here tomorrow, should be a substantial upgrade from my 20D.

Thats what your student loan is for :D

Want one myself but might wait for it to reach £1500 and Canon to fix the issues.

very nice, what lens do you have to go with it?

im going to slowly very slowly build up my lens collection b4 i opt for one of them bad boys lol

Oh, only a 50mm f/1.8 for now. I'm loaning lenses from Uni every day (everything from 8mm to 300 and in between) so glass isn't a huge priority for me.

Although very early feb I'll be getting a 17-40 f/4 L to compensate for the loss of my Tokina 12-24 :(

Although very early feb I'll be getting a 17-40 f/4 L to compensate for the loss of my Tokina 12-24 :(

I hear ya mate - the Tokina 12-24 is a brilliant lens and kick myself for selling every time someone mentions it :crying:

Have fun with the 5D Mk2 (y)

jammy ;)

Thats good :)

Give it a few weeks and they will be £1500, they've already been available for £1600. A few months down the line and the Mk II +24-105 will be £2k tops.

People paying £2300 for a MkII + free battery, unless they have a clear commercial need, are total stars(oles)

Early adopter mentalists, feeding speculators, subsidising everyone else :)

Give it a few weeks and they will be £1500, they've already been available for £1600. A few months down the line and the Mk II +24-105 will be £2k tops.

People paying £2300 for a MkII + free battery, unless they have a clear commercial need, are total stars(oles)

The new Canon price is £2500.00.....

That wasn't very nice.

have you not seen the new announcement regarding the weak pound against the yen hence every japanese made product is going up in prices?

God, how are you affording one on a student budget?! I'm struggling to find the cash for a half-decent macro lens at the moment, let along a new £2k body! I'm looking forward to not being a student and actually having some money :( ........ Then the lens lust will probably bankrupt me anyway to be honest!

Chris

In these times of an onrushing recession, it's good to hear that our students are able to afford a 5DII ;)

Enjoy! :)

God, how are you affording one on a student budget?! I'm struggling to find the cash for a half-decent macro lens at the moment, let along a new £2k body! I'm looking forward to not being a student and actually having some money :( ........ Then the lens lust will probably bankrupt me anyway to be honest!

Chris

It's all about not drinking, smoking, or eating.

Well, eat a little. But camera first, har!

I hear ya Grant. I myself have just blown a wedge of my student loan on a 5D Mk1. That's what they are there for!

Shooting HD is FUN - But getting and maintaining Critical Focus is a challenge, and something I'm sure I'll improve on in time, and practice. It doesn't help that this was shot with a 50mm f/1.8 - the focus ring is like trying to pull a dead horse through sand.

Anyway, you can see my attempt right HERE. Just a quick couple seconds with some sound overlayed.

Noise handling is an amazing difference from my 20D (as expected). Just need some bigger and faster CF cards now!

........ and I was trying to resist soooooo much.......bugger:D

Do not. Do not resist.

Though I can see why owners of 5D's may not consider this a substantial upgrade, I, myself, from a 4-5 year old camera now, do.

I also, realise, I am overusing, these, bloody, commas.

Do not. Do not resist.

Though I can see why owners of 5D's may not consider this a substantial upgrade, I, myself, from a 4-5 year old camera now, do.

I also, realise, I am overusing, these, bloody, commas.

yea I love mine!
got it before christmas! best christmas present... well almost... my sparco race suit and shoes... I do happen to love! :love:

I did a test video... slightly... different you could say ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ11Lp9AtiI

£1800 here. *points and laughs*

Shooting HD is FUN - But getting and maintaining Critical Focus is a challenge, and something I'm sure I'll improve on in time, and practice. It doesn't help that this was shot with a 50mm f/1.8 - the focus ring is like trying to pull a dead horse through sand.

Anyway, you can see my attempt right HERE. Just a quick couple seconds with some sound overlayed.

Noise handling is an amazing difference from my 20D (as expected). Just need some bigger and faster CF cards now!

I'm loving the HD ability of this camera. Hoping to use it for short films that I'm planning. Your example isn't too bad, bit of camera shake but that's to be expected.

Back