6 stop nd - first outing

Edit My Images
No
First outing with a B+W 6 stop nd, also used a 3 stop grad.
Going to take some getting used to lol can't see anything through it.

Bit of a gray day.
6stop2.jpg

Really wanted to get a better composition using just the curve rocks towards the cliffs, but big waves were coming in fast and I got soaked lol so retreated up the beach a bit :)

55sec at f16

6stop1.jpg

#1 looks like clouds and the tops of mountains from a plane. Nice shots and conversions Ian (y)

Both great shots. I'm really getting a major desire to get down the coast with my 10 stop ND. Thinking about getting the 6 stop as well for when the lights get lower and I don't need ultra slow shutter speeds!

I like both of them (y)

9 stops tho.. must be almost impossible to see... do you focus then add the grad?:thinking:

Thanks you for the comments :)

I like both of them (y)

9 stops tho.. must be almost impossible to see... do you focus then add the grad?:thinking:

lol can't see a thing through the viewfinder. Had to meter, compose and focus first then add the nd and nd grad.

I wrote down a list of shutter speeds before I went out so I could just look down and count 6 stops :)

They are both beautiful. I like the first one cos its minimalistic and the second one for the rocks.Well done(y):p

First one does look like an inverted cloud. I like it very minimalistic
And your second one, I just like the shot
(no other reason)

great shots, where do you pick up the 10 or 6 stop filters? I can't seem to find any...maybe just looking in the wrong place...

Ooh i really like the second one but both a great effort!

How much? I want!

Thanks for reminding me , I bought an ND8 and havent really played with it yet.

Awesome 2nd shot.

another vote here for #2, but its marginal - they're both really well done

I like them both,a lot.....(y)

Thanks again for the great comments :)

AndyB - they are £60 inc delivery for 77mm - you can get a 10stop aswell which would give you slow shutter times at midday I think lol

Back