630bhp Evo 9

Name
Keith Fusco
Edit My Images
Yes
Just the one...

20100303071.jpg

Black car and not perfect light but you nailed it mate, has a very urban feel about it and just the right shutter speed for the wheel and slight background blur.

Love it mate!

I think the only thing that could've improved the shot is a polarising filter to cut the glare on the windscreen, but I love it all the same!

I think the only thing that could've improved the shot is a polarising filter to cut the glare on the windscreen, but I love it all the same!

actually, i like the glare on the windscreen, means you cant see inside

great shot

Very nice! Has a very gritty car chase movie scene feel to it!

Absolutely agreed! Looks fantastic. Reminds me of The Fast and The Furious ;). I think that you really nailed the photograph and the motion blur, keeping the car sharp, but showing speed on that streety background.

Really dramatic and well done!

love this shot, car looks realy clean and the background looks nothing like a scene you would see in the UK for some reason, as people have said its definatly like a still from a hollywood movie :D

i like that alot

was this car in motion or PP?

Cheers for the comments everyone!

actually, i like the glare on the windscreen, means you cant see inside

great shot

Well, for most of the shoot, I used a CPL filter, but took it off for the panning shots, as it's always better for the windscreen to hide the driver, I feel.

i like that alot

was this car in motion or PP?

Car was in motion mate. Here's the original shot from camera. Should still have all EXIF data on the image too, if you wanna have a look?

img0134x.jpg

Hey Keith (dont know if you remember me from the likes of CCUK and CDUK) but I think the original just looks pants now I've seen the edit lol.

The photo is fantastic looks like others have said straight off a movie set.
The edit adds much more dimensions to the image, the original just seems flat and motionless now :( but very good image :p

Hey mate,

Yeah, I remember you. How's things going?

That's true. Regarding panning shots, the originals are very bland, flat and basic most of the time, so need a little sprucing up. I could have just boosted contrast/colours and be done, but I opted for a urban, gritty style look which suits the image more than a saturation boost, IMO.

Yes I know that's what normally happens to my panning shots :LOL: Is this a preset/ action in LR or PS or just a manual edit yourself?
If so I'd like to know what was edited just for future reference really.

And I've also sent you a PM so check your inbox :D

thanks

the more i look and compare that is awesome

even the original is way cool, with the signs in blur i assume you were in motion too? (i'm such an amateur in understanding all this LOL)

Nope, I was stood still on the pavement.

It's called a panning shot. You follow the car in your camera and take a shot of the car using a long shutter speed to blur the background. But you need to follow the car as smooth as possible, or it'll end up being blurry too.

Nice locations, don't know that many south of the Tyne if I'm honest!

Back