6x4 Dye Sub ... Give it a go? Why not!

I need some more help plz. Iv just tried the printer but it could not read my card? Iv got all Raw images so not sure if they need to be Jpegs?

Jpgs I'd imagine.

I can't imagine the printers poor little processor being happy with raw files, it probably has less computing power than your phone.

Well surprisingly it prints RAW files. I connected the camera to the printer using a USB. It then gives you option to review and print from the camera. I still don't know why it did not read my SD card tho but the USB works better.

Well surprisingly it prints RAW files. I connected the camera to the printer using a USB. It then gives you option to review and print from the camera. I still don't know why it did not read my SD card tho but the USB works better.

The camera did the processing and handed off the correct file format to the printer. It wont print RAW from the memory card reader though.

Alex I did read it, i do know the technical bit that goes on between the camera/sd card or whatever source and when it goes off to the printer. What image or what printer prints comes out RAW as a format once printed?

My original question was meant to mean if the selphy printer can read RAW files or did it have to be jpegs as you can shoot both RAW and Jpeg. And I answered my own question :-?

Thx everyonr have ordered the 108-in paper set. One more question, How will this work? Everytime i take a photo it prints?

As far as the cable goes, it's for connecting the printer to a computer to allow you to print after PP.

I need some more help plz. Iv just tried the printer but it could not read my card? Iv got all Raw images so not sure if they need to be Jpegs?

As you've discovered, the printer cannot read raw files from the card. Your camera will be converting your raw files to a format the printer can handle when you send photos to the printer using PictBridge.

Getting on great with my little Selphy. I've tried printing direct from camera and from Lightroom and so far everything works as it should.

The only slight issue I have is that occasionally a print will have a row of slight marks appearing at regular intervals down its length. I'm guessing it's dust/hair on one of the rollers so I'll give it a good clean and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Many thanks Nod, I understand now what previous poster was saying :)

I got my paper and ink pack today. I got it off amazon. I got the KP-108in. However having opened it the ink looks like a barrel as opposed to an ink tank. I searched around b4 ordering and was sure I was ordering right one. Was that not the one to get for the CP 810? Thanks everyone!

Oh man. I got the wrong one. Trust the woman to get it wrong lol. The printer model number is DS810 and it uses ink tank not ink cartridge. Will have to check if amazon will refund me now. :( aye aye aye!!

That's a pity, Naz. From what I can see, the DS810 is a inkjet printer and therefore won't have the advantages of a dye sub printer.

Now I could be wrong, but if I were you I'd hang on to the paper & ink, sell the printer and have a look around for a suitable replacement (such as a CP810 but the KP-108in is compatible with many other Selphy models too).

Thanks very much Zonev. Which earlier model do you think would do as good a job as the cp810? how about the cp730, how does it compare?

i don;t think I can wait for the cp730 to finish. Next option is amazon as they do next day delivery. The cp800 is coming up at £75.60, the 810 at £76.46 and the 900 at £90.51. what is the difference an how do they compare to each other? is the 900 better in quality? Thanks once again. x

There are an awful lot of Canon Selphy dye sub printers. The range over the years is huge - look at the compatible printer list on the ink & paper pack you bought.

Rather than going for a specific model, instead search around for "Canon Selphy" printers - as a general rule, the higher the model number, the newer and more featured it will be (built-in screen, wifi etc). Don't forget to check the model number against the compatibility list(!) and research it for reviews to see if it has the features you need.

I have a CP520 which is very basic (no screen, no card slots, no wifi etc. Just hook up to either camera or PC) but does the job of printing perfectly (apart from the slight issue I mentioned earlier but that's a specific fault and not generally present).

Last edited:
Back