7" Vivitar Digital Photoframe - £39.99 from Amazon

Edit My Images
Yes
I know its not the best photoframe in the world, the resolution isn't all that great, and you get what you pay for, but for a relative who doesn't care all that much about the quality of the images up close and just likes the changing family photos this could be a steal.

Usually £69.99, I noticed the offer in the sidebar when I was looking at amazon earlier today. The offer has been up since the 11th of June and finishes on the 17th.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vivitar-7-D...f=cm_taf_text_link?ie=UTF8&tag=tellafriend-20

Wow. I think that's the cheapest I have seen one.

Like you say, I bet there is a reason they are dumping the stock. Can it be that bad?

The negaitves from the review:

(-) slow, bumbling interface
(-) no audio or video support
(-) no remote control
(-) rather limited functions (a 3 to 60 second slideshow and a full screen clock/calender)

Doesn't sound all that bad? :shrug:

Once you have your pictures on there you dont need to do much with the interface, what it means on the 3-60 second is picture transition to the next one, audio and video aren't important.

I don't think they're dumping the stock, its just a special offer, but I know you can get much better photo frames, they just cost in excess of £100.

I'd buy one if I wanted one, but I dont really need one.

tis an odd one:16:9

Apparently can be switched to 4:3 if necessary..........

Oh theres no doubt about it - its cheap because of the low resolution - as I said you have to spend over £100 to get something decent.

You won't notice the pixelation if you're 6 feet away from it though ;)

I'd want a big LCD monitor on the wall for ours ;)

I bought a Timex watch from Amazon last week, £24 down from £49, it was end of line (like that matters in a watch!). Possibly the same thing with the frame, I reckon those things have a pretty short shelf life in terms of sales anyway.

Back