700 Years of Restraint

Edit My Images
Yes
This is a landscape the Scottish patriot William Wallace ( Braveheart ) would recognise even 700 years after his execution which will take place on the 23rd of August 2005.

700-years-of-restraint.jpg

thats beautiful. nothing i can add to that really, though im not sure i like the ropes going out the frame like they do

The boat's been there 700 years?? :icon_eek:

Lovely shot which doesn't need the ropes exiting the frame IMO - bit gimmicky? ;)

This image is lovely, the composition, the exposure the balance between the shadows and light areas and the wonderful light and colour saturation all make it a fantastic shot.

The ropes going out of the picture work for me but the as the rest of the image is so perfect, the fact that the rope of the right is not following the line perfectly makes it stand out and distracts. Correct that and you are onto a winner. :)

the colours are fantastic, whereabouts is that?

Hi Dod, ( ... that reminds me of a hill in the Lake District..... never mind )

The castle on the left is the 14th century remains of Portencross. The water behind is the Firth of Clyde with Little Cumbrae the island in the background.
Hence landscape William Wallace would recognise.

Garnock said:
Thanks, guys.
The extended ropes are not in the original.
I only added these to emphasize the "restraint"

Cameron

I got that and think it could work if you managed to get them perfect?

I think the picture is worth the effort.

The ones on the left look fine, its the one on the right that needs the attention.

Have a play, go on you know you want to ;)

Great work Garnock.:thumb:
I like the colours in this.

The ropes on the right shouldn't protrude into the frame IMO.

I can notice a slight glow around the edge of the building, keep an eye on this when your processing your work.

that works for me, really nice

Really good pictures, love the colours I think I prefer the second as the wall in the background of 1 seems a little too much for me, although I like this shot but since the second was uploaded I find this more pleasing. The second does seem to have a distraction for me top centre to left, seems to be a vapour trail, even if it's not it looks like one and distracts slightly but that's just being picky.
Great shots nevertheless.
Ken.

Back