7D MK11 Video

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I have a Canon 7D MK11 when I go into the video using any lens using auto focusing on playback I get a noise like a chattering as the focus goes from one point to another (zoom in zoom out) which is very annoying is this normal or am I doing something wrong I am a complete novice at this. I'd like to get rid of this noise can anybody tell me what to do to stop this.
Thanks in advence.

It will help but may not loose that noise completely.

I usually try and get the mic away from the camera on a longer lead, or flip to manual focus if it is mounted on the hot shoe.

T

Thanks for the info Tdes. Very helpful I didn't want to buy one if it doesn't loose the noise. Lot of money for not much better. What settings are best for video? and where to focus for landscape.

Thanks for the info Tdes. Very helpful I didn't want to buy one if it doesn't loose the noise. Lot of money for not much better. What settings are best for video? and where to focus for landscape.

An additional mic will definitely improve the sound quality, the ones built into dslr's are very poor in comparison. It is one of those situations, the more you spend the better you get. A cheap mic will sound like a cheap mic! There are lots of you tube comparisons where the mics are tried side by side and you can hear the difference. Maybe set your budget, create a list of pics within that budget and listen to some comparisons between them. Rode and Sennheisser seem to be the most popular.

There is no answer to what settings for video, it all depends on the situation and lighting. The beauty of digital is the ability to try / review / try / review over and over again. Mix this in with various bits of you tube learning (with lots of try / review / try) and you will learn how to decide what settings rather than be told one set that may not work in your situation.

I don't shoot landscape, it is not an area I am interested in.

T

I got a shotgun mic and a 3.5 extension cable and moved it away from the camera. I found this helped if was windy too as I could place it somewhere not directly in the wind. I use a tripod thou. Or you could just add music to the video which I have done if it's too windy.

Back