7d slow mo

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
After a little help, I have just purchased a 7d with a view to using the 50fps
Having tried it out, all seems to be replayed at normal speed,
Any idea where I could be going wrong or do I require some software.
I can slow it down using windows live video editor.

Thank you in advance, Darren

Last edited:
Darren.

You should slow it down in post production.

50fps will be good for around 50% speed. Any less than this and the smoothness of the playback will be compromised.

I think the 7D shoots 60fps no? This will be good for around 40% so you can get a better quality slow playback.

Most software will have a system to slow down the playback but essentially that's what you need to do :)

Hope that helps.
Phil.

Darren.

You should slow it down in post production.

50fps will be good for around 50% speed. Any less than this and the smoothness of the playback will be compromised.

I think the 7D shoots 60fps no? This will be good for around 40% so you can get a better quality slow playback.

Most software will have a system to slow down the playback but essentially that's what you need to do :)

Hope that helps.
Phil.

Cheers for that Phil.

I thought i would play back in slowmo

it does have 60fps, but that in NTSC. I didnt this i could use NTSC.

Pal vs ntsc will only affect old crt type monitors and tv’s.

For most digital screens now it wont be a problem for playback.

If it ever does become a problem you can always convert it to pal :)

Last edited:
On my 550d when playing back through the camera there is an option to play back in slow mo, I think off the top of my head it's the option next to the 'play' button when playing back? It sort of looks like the play icon but has a vertical line on the left side I believe, I would have to get my camera out to fully check.

bensilcox said:
On my 550d when playing back through the camera there is an option to play back in slow mo, I think off the top of my head it's the option next to the 'play' button when playing back? It sort of looks like the play icon but has a vertical line on the left side I believe, I would have to get my camera out to fully check.

I also have the 550d but never used it for video.

As with all interpolation software, it works well in certain circumstances. To get the absolute best from it you need to spend time to learn about the limitations and how you can try to get round them.

Back