7dayshop stop selling Canon

S

Steve

It appears that 7dayshop has stopped selling all Canon Camera equipment. Everything from DSLR's to those very nice lenses at prices that we all love. No more is the nifty fifty for just under £60 and forget getting a great deal on the 70-200L :(

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=99245 used to be the 20D plus kit lens..alas thats no more either :shock:

I don't have any more info but it certainly came as a shock to me :(

Tell me about it :annoyed:

I just got an email from them cancelling my 'nifty fifty' lens order.

Did they include any explination why they has stopped selling Canon?

"Thank you for your recent internet order.We are now out of stock of the following item, and do not expect to obtain further stocks.

CANONLENS50F18 - Canon EF Fixed Focal Length Lens - 50mm f/1.8 II

This item has therefore been cancelled from your order.

You have not been charged for this item, and the other items on your order - if any - will be with you soon.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

7dayshop.com"

Well thats excellent customer service then :whistling

Ohh well it seems like onestop digital are likely to get even more orders in the future ;)

Sorry you didn't get your lens before this happened though.

I must be off my trolley for not doing this before (maybe I just didn't want to hassle our overworked/underpaid stores guy) but I've re-ordered it through the company I work for at trade price and no VAT for a cash transaction ;)

I'll let you know what price I got it for when I get a reply to my email

:( That was to be next on my list. Gits.

Most likely the 'gits' are Canon. I can't see any other reason why 7dayshop should be so positive about getting no more stock than that Canon has somehow forced them to stop selling their products.

I suspect it is due to pressure being put upon Canon by it mainstream retailers who can't compete with 7dayshop prices as they have an unfair advantage. As in any business, I guess Canon looked at the big picture and stopped supplying 7day to keep the others happy?

I doubt Canon ever supplied them, I reckon their supplies came from the far east and or the USA. Wherever was cheapest at the time.

tis a bummer, i was waiting for stock before ordering mine, oh well, google is your friend now i suppose!

onestop selling the 50 for 59.99 inc. Not much more than 7 day were once you added in postage.

Got a mail from them today, they are clearing out a lot of digital stock and the prices seem good.

Steep said:
I doubt Canon ever supplied them, I reckon their supplies came from the far east and or the USA. Wherever was cheapest at the time.

Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Sony and every other manufacturer of almost everything 7dayshop sell, do not appreciate the efforts this company has gone to to sell us cheap gear, and have always made every effort to stamp out "grey" trade, most of which comes from the USA. Downside? We'll have to buy from Hong Kong. Upside? There's no difference, other than the distance and the fact that warranty cover will still be sketchy. What's surprised me is the apparent complete stopping of their Canon supply, as if it had come from one supplier which has been cut off.

When I was looking to buy my 300D I found that all of 7 days stock were 'grey' imports from the US. They had no UK warranty if you had a fault you had to send it back and then they sent it to the states for repair. I would imagine Canon have stopped supplying the suppliers?

What happened to a free market? If 7 day can afford to import the stuff from the US then sell it here at a much lower cost it makes you think how much of a rip off this country is.

Digital SPG said:
...They had no UK warranty if you had a fault you had to send it back and then they sent it to the states for repair.

I bought my 300D on eBay from a seller in Hong Kong. The reciept he provided was hand-written and I had no warranty card at all inside the box.

A few months back it wouldn't switch on. I still managed to get Canon (UK) to repair it under warranty but I went to serious lengths. I included every bit of paperwork I had, together with bank statements showing the PayPal payment and the reciept from FedEx (I ended up having to pay import tax) and I included a detailed description of the transaction.

Motto - If you're nice, and you do everything you can to supply them with proof of purchase, they'll fix it. But it's still lots more hassle.

Moving onto the general topic of 7dayshop's Canon curtailing conundrum...

It's a great time in history to be a consumer. The web has brought unprecedented competition and no matter how many shops close there will always be someone out there selling what you want cheaper than most other people. You just have to find them. Google, Froogle and eBay are all your friends when it comes to hunting down what you want.

The file-sharing issue is a good example... Along came napster. After a few years 'they' (corporate pressure) managed to close it. Up springs Kazaa. After a few years they finally closed that too. By which time BitTorrent was going strong. After a couple of years they managed to start closing the bigger BitTorrent sites. Now eDonkey is growing and BitTorrent is still around.

Don't worry about it. Be flexible and don't get too attached to anything on the web. Love it while it's there but accept that it'll be gone one day. Probably when you hadn't prepared for it but that's life.

The next great batch of bargains are just around the corner.

fingerz said:
don't get too attached to anything on the web. Love it while it's there but accept that it'll be gone one day.

/Starts growing roots.

Well we're not going anywhere :p

I post on a gaming forum quite a bit because I know the people there pretty well. How do I know them? From a previous forum. When it closed, everyone moved to this new(er) one.

How did I know them on the previous forum? From yet another previous forum, which had also closed.

It's the nature of the web. Companies come. Companies go. They start out doing stuff for free to make a name for themselves. Then they get a load of users/subscribers and think "hey, we should start charging". So they do. Then another young upstart comes along and does the same thing for free again because they're trying to make a name.

Basically, there will always be someone trying to make a name for themselves and win a share of the market. As a consumer, you should take full advantage of it.

Back